Fitness % doest it matter?

before you select your starting 11 players b4 a game, how much differance is there between a player who is 90% fit and one that is 100% fit.

Would selecting a lessor player who is 100% fit be more usfull on the pitch than a player with 90% fitness?

before you select your starting 11 players b4 a game' date=' how much differance is there between a player who is 90% fit and one that is 100% fit.

Would selecting a lessor player who is 100% fit be more usfull on the pitch than a player with 90% fitness?[/quote']

Depends on how lesser. A 90% player is fine, as is an 85% player, but any lower than that and you should consider them for a place on the bench, because they'll get tired quickly.

Depends on how lesser. A 90% player is fine, as is an 85% player, but any lower than that and you should consider them for a place on the bench, because they'll get tired quickly.

ok cool, so its just about them getting tierd!, it doesnt hamper there overall performance or focus?

I'd say the difference between 100% and 90% fitness at any one point of time is negligable. However, once players hit the 70's they appear to me to play more tired, with less long runs, bursts of pace, etc. When your players hit the 60's they start playing like their attributes have been cut in half at times.

So the difference between a 90 and 100% at the start is the 90 will almost definately have to be replaced around the 60-70 minute mark.

I've often been relieved when I've been told that the star player for the team about to come up against is injured, only to be horrified when he's there in their starting line-up. However, he'll often be down at something like 60% fit, and he tends to play very poorly against me. I've seen this a number of times. So fitness does matter. However, I'm less confident on whether a player being, say, 85% fit matters as much, but I imagine it probably does.

Ideally you want your starting eleven to be between 95% & 100% fitness and your subs to be above 90% fitness.

You can start a player whose only 90% fit, but in you try to make him play the full 90 he isn't going to be that effective for the last quarter of the game.

It's pretty frustrating when the opposition start with a striker at 63% who you then kick a couple of times and bring him down to the 50%'s, manages to outsprint your centre halvse to get a hat trick.

Yeah, and they can do it when they're injured too!

Ideally you want your starting eleven to be between 95% & 100% fitness and your subs to be above 90% fitness.

You can start a player whose only 90% fit, but in you try to make him play the full 90 he isn't going to be that effective for the last quarter of the game.

I notice it most in my strikers - an inability / unwillingness to chase down balls, and truly horrific shooting if I leave them on. Its convinced me to basically sub off the first three players to fall below 80% in a match, though I may hold off on making the third sub in some situations.

before you select your starting 11 players b4 a game' date=' how much differance is there between a player who is 90% fit and one that is 100% fit.

Would selecting a lessor player who is 100% fit be more usfull on the pitch than a player with 90% fitness?[/quote']

Fitness is very important, and I'll tell you why.

You can download the FM Modifier, like I done, and ran some tests.

I was Barcelona, and playing Betis away. Not the easiest game, but should win 2 or 3-0 max.

Anyway, they had a full fit squad, all 100%, but I went in to the FMModifier, and changed the fitness of all my players to 1353% or something just as silly.

It still said 100% on the game, but in game, the players move extra fast, your wingers can beat anyone, and I won 11-0.

So by this, I gathered fitness is very important to win.

Fitness is very important, and I'll tell you why.

You can download the FM Modifier, like I done, and ran some tests.

I was Barcelona, and playing Betis away. Not the easiest game, but should win 2 or 3-0 max.

Anyway, they had a full fit squad, all 100%, but I went in to the FMModifier, and changed the fitness of all my players to 1353% or something just as silly.

It still said 100% on the game, but in game, the players move extra fast, your wingers can beat anyone, and I won 11-0.

So by this, I gathered fitness is very important to win.

You gathered wrong. 1353% is outside the bounds expected and programmed for FM so your test means nothing at all. Try again, once with your players set at 50% and once at 100% and you'll have a realistic test.

It's pretty frustrating when the opposition start with a striker at 63% who you then kick a couple of times and bring him down to the 50%'s, manages to outsprint your centre halvse to get a hat trick.

Hehe it happened to me against Ibrahimovic in succession. As Milan I was playing back to back games against Inter, one for Copa Italia & one for Serie A. A 60% Ibrahimovic(recovering from a broken leg) starts the game and in the second half catches fire and scores 3 goals on me. I had set the tackling to hard on him so I could hopefully break his leg again. Anyway I didn't mind that it much as I wasn't using my strongest line-up. This was on Wednesday. On Saturday I played Inter again (and they were using the same line-up as Wednesday's with some of their players below 90% & Ibra at 70%). I on the other side used my strongest line-up and ALL players were 99%-100%. Well didn't matter jack, Ibrahimovic scored a double on me & Inter won again.

And no it wasn't my tactic, With around 10 games to go I was first in Serie A with a 19 point lead. That was my first loss of the season.

I used to follow the 95% rule too and usually sub the first 3 to reach below 70% but not anymore.

Archived