Worldwide Soccer Manager

Also you get the added benefit of being treated like a second class citizen (just a little bit disgruntled after having the UK version previously and now since moving to the US the WWM). Buy the UK version as they get treated a little better when it comes to updates/patches and of course all the programs like genie are compatible with the UK version.

Also you get the added benefit of being treated like a second class citizen (just a little bit disgruntled after having the UK version previously and now since moving to the US the WWM). Buy the UK version as they get treated a little better when it comes to updates/patches and of course all the programs like genie are compatible with the UK version.

Can someone confirm this?

Is a tool like genie compatible with WWM? (Actually, why would it be incompatible?)

Thanks.

We have no control over third-party applications, so you will need to get in touch with them personally if their tools are not compatible with different SKUs.

kjb360 -

There are an awful lot of hoops and hurdles to jump through when it comes to distribution in certain territories. Last year we did a much better job of keeping everything much more in sync than in previous years. It's unfair to suggest we treat certain territories as second class citizens and that's certainly not our intent. It's an area we continuously strive to improve.

• 3 weeks later...
We have no control over third-party applications, so you will need to get in touch with them personally if their tools are not compatible with different SKUs.

kjb360 -

There are an awful lot of hoops and hurdles to jump through when it comes to distribution in certain territories. Last year we did a much better job of keeping everything much more in sync than in previous years. It's unfair to suggest we treat certain territories as second class citizens and that's certainly not our intent. It's an area we continuously strive to improve.

I'm not calling anyone out on this, I just didn't like the fact its not compatible to play online with my friends in the UK who are using the UK version, its the same game. Also the previous year I had to wait much longer for the patches which would have made anyone a little annoyed and feeling like they were not a priority.

I know you guys strive to improve year after year and you do, but visit the computer game stores here and see how difficult it is to get a copy....I tried everywhere in a 20 miles radius and eventually had to order online.

If you are into using third-party applications like Genie or some other editing programs, order Football Manager from UK online. Otherwise, there is no difference between the two.

I reside in the US and will order it online this year due to this third-party issue.

I did the same. Living in Canada, I have been able to download the FM version.

At first, I thought that living in North America would be a restriction and that I'll would be forced to get the WSM, but no.

So, I really do not see an advantage to get this local version when we can get the standard one.

I did the same. Living in Canada, I have been able to download the FM version.

At first, I thought that living in North America would be a restriction and that I'll would be forced to get the WSM, but no.

So, I really do not see an advantage to get this local version when we can get the standard one.

price difference no? the FM is 29.99 british pounds and wsm is 29.99 US dollars pretty big difference...

Where do you guys download the UK version from? I also live in Canada and for once would like to get this game on release (usually i end up getting the game second hand months after release.

EDIT: Is the cost really that different?

Pretty big.. for each British pound you get 1.81 American dollar.. so lets calculate it..

29.99 British Pounds (FM) is 54.53 Amercan dollars.. that means FM is 24.54 dollars more expensive then the WSM.. almost 2 WSM games for one FM

FM imported from the UK is probably 2-3 times more expensive due to the exchange rate and shipping (which typically runs just about as much as the game itself).

I've imported the last 2 years, with as much as I play it over the coarse of a year, the price difference is really not an issue.

My biggest gripe and the reason I usually import is the release date. Although it was much closer last year, my copy from the UK arrives at least a few days before WWSM is even available here in the states. A few days doesn't seem like much, and I'm sure there's lots of people in the UK who still haven't gotten the game by the US release, but when your anticipating the release so much, and driving yourself crazy here on the forums as people start posting all the new little additions, it feels like forever.

I haven't made up my mind what I'm going to do this year, I think part of me is still hoping there will be an announcement stating that WWSM will release the same day as FM. I'd definitely be willing to pay double the price (big games are typically $50 here anyways) and buy WWSM instead of FM if it were available here in the US on UK release day.

Archived