Odd ways you've played FM

Forget strange places, lets look at odd methods!

Back in 2002/2003 I was stuck on a crappy laptop for a few weeks as i raised the cash to build a new PC. However, I was living at my uncles, and he had a beast of a machine downstairs. Naturally, I wanted to play up in my room.

So.... I used to create a network game, have the downstairs pc go on holiday unemployed, while upstairs I managed away happily, using the good pc's ram / processor. :-D

Now time for someone to beat it. I'm sure plenty have!

Similar experience... I woke up hungover with nearly two dozen Belgian 17 year olds I hardly knew. Never thought I'd have to admit to that. Maybe I shouldn't have.
You can get in trouble for that. ;)
:D :D :D

Now that's funny!

on the subject of why alcohol and FM don't mix...

i was hosting a poker night at my house with a few mates one night and i'd made the mistake of leaving my laptop signed in and my football manager up and running- i dont know which of them did it or even when exactly they did it but when i went to play it the next day, they had completly uninstalled the game, deleted my saved files AND nicked the CD-ROM. Apparently i play it too much according to them. This was FM06 i believe and thankfully FM07 had been released a couple of weeks before so I just went out and got it which i was plannning to anyways.

I know. I think the Board won't pay bail money to get me out of jail. Plus I'm limited to only 3 internationals in cup play. Trouble for sure.

i odnt think he is refering to getting into trouble with the board....or anything to do with FM for that matter:)

that made me laugh stupidly loud.

on the subject of why alcohol and FM don't mix...

i was hosting a poker night at my house with a few mates one night and i'd made the mistake of leaving my laptop signed in and my football manager up and running- i dont know which of them did it or even when exactly they did it but when i went to play it the next day, they had completly uninstalled the game, deleted my saved files AND nicked the CD-ROM. Apparently i play it too much according to them. This was FM06 i believe and thankfully FM07 had been released a couple of weeks before so I just went out and got it which i was plannning to anyways.

That reminds me of an ongoing joke my brother and I allways played on each other.

We both hate Henrik "Tømrer" Pedersen of Silkeborg, Bolton etc.

If one of us had left his computer running while going to the bathroom or whatever, he could be sure that after clicking "continue" 2-3 times when he came back to CM/FM, he would get a message similar to :

"Silkeborg IF have accepted X's £50.000.000 offer for Henrik Pedersen, you may offer him a contract."

Archived