players fave area's

hi all ive just had an idea for fm10 so i just wana no what all you think.

i think that all players should have favourite areas in the country that they would prefer to play in for instance before his move to pompey defoe had played for 3 london teams, and julian joachin has just joined kings lynn becoz its close to his family in boston. and i think that this would be a good feature for lower league managers as this would help people sign big name players who are on the way down.

thanks for reading please just let me know what you think if you can understand the above. thanks in advance.

It would be nice to see something like what happened with andy Cole like he moved to nottingham becaus they're his home town club!

yer thats kinda thing i was thinking off lol but more along the lines off him wanting to play near nottingham if they wasn't interested in him. lol

yer thats kinda thing i was thinking off lol but more along the lines off him wanting to play near nottingham if they wasn't interested in him. lol

Yes this is the sort of thing. A place he was kind of familiar with as a younger. It would also mean old foreign players would move back to there home country

Hard to implement and wouldn't have that much of an effect on the game- or worse, it would have too much effect. What if Defoe decided to play for Barnet rather than Pompey?

im sure that the guys at SI could make this work. as i think that this could have something to do with the adaptability attribute

That seems very similar to having it as his favorite club. Hometown is a great reason to list it as a favorite.

yer but you could have other areas which could become there faves like paolo di canio loved living in london when he played for west ham and im sure that shay given must like Newcastle to still be there after 10 years or summat and in both of these instances these arent there hometown.

There is already a town attraction factor in the game.

is there i wasent aware of this maybe they could include this in the players profile but like i say if someone spends like 4/5 years at a club which isnt in his hometown/city then maybe that could become 1 of his fave areas. so then lower league clubs in that area would have an advantage when they try to sign him

Yes this is the sort of thing. A place he was kind of familiar with as a younger. It would also mean old foreign players would move back to there home country

This is exactly what happens here in Australia, players are coming back here to play in the new A-League and are coming to the teams in their home town (Stan Lazaridis - Perth, Craig Moore - Queensland, etc). This really needs to be looked at.

I've seen Mark Viduka reject Melbourne Victory (his home town club) and take up an offer with Adelaide United for the same money. I know Adelaide had won the league 2 years previous and Melbourne hadn't made the finals for the past 5 or so seasons but he would still go back home at that age surely.

Archived