What is the benbefit of the "Remove Scout Reports" option?

I've never used it before but I'm dabbling with a different game because of something in the CSE forum and it is causing me to look at areas of the game differently than I have done in my long terms Mosside save.

I've looked at this a couple of time over the last few days and really can't see a single benefit to using this feature.

You get the scout reports in and for most of us that might be the last time that we look at them. We either buy the player or don't buy the player and that's that. I suppose in some cases we might decide to not buy the player, (or be unable to buy him), and at a later dat will scout the player again and try again to buy him. Even in this case, actualy removing the out of date reports doesn't seem to be of benefit to you. After all it's not as if there is a set number of scout reports that you can hold at any one time.

Am I missing something?

i think about all itll do is when you look in the "player search" screen, you can list the players by the scout assessments there, and itll order them by the * rating the scout gave em. so, obviously if you remove the reports, they wont be in the list... cant think of anything else it does...

Jimbokav - I moved from NEC, mid-table in Holland, to Fiorentina in the Serie A.

The game, and I appreciate this, held on to all my old Scout reports. However, since they were all aimed at NEC, they were pretty useless for Fiorentina. :D (A 4-star for NEC was lucky to get 2 stars for Fiorentina).

Personally, I just dropped the least promising players off my shortlist entirely, and asked my Fiorentina scouts to assess the most promising ones .. this would keep the NEC reports in the history, but only if I used the drop-down to get to them.

However, I can imagine somebody mass-highlighting all his scouted players and deleting all scout reports when moving teams.

The thing I'd like to see is the ability to delete an individual scout report. For example, if my best scout has scouted a player three games, and given me a very detailed report on the player ... and then my worst scout "discovers" the player with a not-detailed report ... I'd like to be able to delete his scout report so that my best scout's report shows up as the first thing I see when I look at the player.

Archived