Commentary / 2D / 3D?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Commentary / 2D / 3D?

• Commentary
    • 2D FM Style
    • 2D/3D CM 2008 Style
    • 3D CM 2009 Style
    • 3D FIFA Style

With one eye on next Wednesday's announcement i thought i'd start a small poll to see the different views on which way we all like/would like to use the FM Match Engine.

Please have a look at the 5 choices before voting.

• Commentary (Can't seem to find a picture/video of it)

2D FM Style

2D/3D CM 2008 Style

3D CM 2009 Style

3D FIFA Style

Personally i love the 2D view in FM at the moment. However i do think an FM version of the '2D/3D CM 2008' would be quality.

Please Note

The different views would still be displayed using SI's FM match engine - i'm only asking which view you would like to use.

FM is best, because it shows the whole pitch and doesn't have as many bugs.

I meant if SI were to implement them though. So effectively it would be SI's FM match engine but displayed in one of these 5 ways. So it would not include the bugs from other developers.

Okay, to expand a bit:

2D/3D is messy. You can't tell what's happening any better, it looks worse, and is less realistic.

3D CM has too much passing, none of the players are even attempting to dribble.

3D FIFA is exactly the opposite, the players are dribbling constantly but not passing.

Also, on the 3D pitches, you can't really see the far side, and the camera's focused so you can't see the whole pitch. If it wasn't focused like that, you'd just see tiny men running with the ball, and the whole "3D would look better" argument would go out the window.

By "bugs" I meant things like somebody hitting a shot and the ball "snapping" into position because there wasn't a graphic to represent it.

The 07 match engine is as good as it will get IMO.

Archived