cup win confidence

i have just won the league cup and checked the confidence page expecting to see a perfect green bar under "progress in league cup". however, the bar was light green and only 3/4 full. are they trying to be smart or what? did i only win 3/4's of a cup? i dont think so. my minimum expectation was to reach the final.:thdn:

Confidence is all very approximate, but the amount the bar is filled doesn't necessarily relate to how well you did only relative to your aims. If you are expected to reach the final them the board are unlikely to be dancing around the streets in ecstasy when you go on and win the competition.

Competition confidence is generally slightly better than individual match confidence though where my fans are always unhappy when we lose, even to a vastly superior club away and are often tee'd off when we draw away from home to, yet happy to draw at home to a slightly superior team

hmm hopefully the whole system has been tweaked in time for FM2009. i find it quite useful.

anyway, another question on the subject of confidence, i have already won the league with about 3 matches to go- if i was to field a weaker side in these remaining matches (to rest my best players) would the fans take this on board in relation to match confidence if we were to be hammered 4-0?

No! No! No! You think the fans have that kind of intelligence?! They'll throw rotten tomatoes at you for losing 4-0, irrespective of how meaningful the match is! Even in a friendly they go ballistic at scores like that. You'll have to flee the stadium through a back exit and be thankful if you escape with your life! Be afraid of the wrath of the fans, be very afraid!!

No! No! No! You think the fans have that kind of intelligence?! They'll throw rotten tomatoes at you for losing 4-0, irrespective of how meaningful the match is! Even in a friendly they go ballistic at scores like that. You'll have to flee the stadium through a back exit and be thankful if you escape with your life! Be afraid of the wrath of the fans, be very afraid!!

blimey! its a good job i won 2-1 then. i might higher some muscle for the away game at sheffield in case old allerdyce turns us over:eek:

Archived