Preffered foot and attribute dropping

Does anyone know why player attributes are affected so strongly by their ability with their weaker foot? I think most people have noticed that very good players that can use either foot tend to have lower overall attributes than players of similar ability that are more one-footed (C. Ronaldo, Wesley Sneijder and Luka Modric for example).

It's not that I think it's unrealistic that if you raise one attribute others will go down, it's just that it's strange that everything drops (why should it have any effect on physical attributes?). I've had players take rather large overall attribute drops just by having them train a new position and eventually changing preferred foot from "right only" to "right".

Well since I haven't seen any discussion about this anywhere I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one who is bothered by this.

It has been discussed in numerous threads to a vast degree. Basically being able to use the other foot far outweighs the advantages of having slightly higher visible attributes. I don't like it that way - I like attributes to do what they say on the tin when you compare between players, but it is apparently the way it is - being able to use a foot apparently takes up CA points that would otherwise be used for attributes.

So I guess if a player was neither footed they'd have brilliant attributes, but be useless :p

It has been discussed in numerous threads to a vast degree. Basically being able to use the other foot far outweighs the advantages of having slightly higher visible attributes. I don't like it that way - I like attributes to do what they say on the tin when you compare between players, but it is apparently the way it is - being able to use a foot apparently takes up CA points that would otherwise be used for attributes.

So I guess if a player was neither footed they'd have brilliant attributes, but be useless :p

Yes, I figured it was something like that but I couldn't find any threads anywhere about this.

There hasn't been one for a few weeks as far as I know so it'll be somewhere down in the depths of the forum and whenever I want to search to see if there is a thread on a particular subject I can never find them because I have no idea what search term to use since people are a bit approximate usually with their thread titles!

Archived