And you are still playing?!

Classic FM! Is that CM03/04? I think there was a bug in one of the versions - is it an unpatched version? - that meant players went on for considerably longer than expected... Mind you Sir Stanley was 50-odd when he hung up his boots...

nah, it is fm 05, unpatched. no, there is no bug(i think) in the game, but this player just simply wants to continue his football career as a player. He wasn't good enough for my 1st team, as you can see...

There are plenty in the lesser leagues like Iceland and Scandinavia, but only ones who are there at the start of the database - i.e. still playing in real life. Once the game gets going they all retire quickly and then no-one ever plays on that long.

but that does not reall count to much he started the game at that age what about players ect in there early 30's in the game when you start who keep playing the oldest i saw was 42 i think.

I think that 'counts', it answers the original question perfectly.

Players who have had the longest career within the game would be interesting, but that's a completely different matter.

I think that 'counts', it answers the original question perfectly.

Players who have had the longest career within the game would be interesting, but that's a completely different matter.

yes but it should not count asa record as he could have played for what another 2 years after the start of the game where as someone could get a player come out of there youth team in say 2010 and he could play 35 years.which in my eyes would be better than a record of a guy who starts the game at age 52 or 53 and then retires that years i guess as the record stands at 53 so he aged about 1 year in the game before retiring.

yes but it should not count asa record as he could have played for what another 2 years after the start of the game where as someone could get a player come out of there youth team in say 2010 and he could play 35 years.which in my eyes would be better than a record of a guy who starts the game at age 52 or 53 and then retires that years i guess as the record stands at 53 so he aged about 1 year in the game before retiring.

If someone wants to submit a record like that they are free to, that particular one was just for the oldest player, regardless of whether he started the game at that age or not.

I think an 'oldest regen' would be a great record to add, but no one has added it yet.

Wow then I realise this:

http://b.imagehost.org/0968/oldest_newbie.jpg

This is his first year in competitive football! So that means he started his career at 52 years old! Maybe he once was a great player, but gave up his career for his wife and kids. However, he decided to comeback to live his dream as he have no more worries on the family as he is now a grandfather!

Wow then I realise this:

http://b.imagehost.org/0968/oldest_newbie.jpg

This is his first year in competitive football! So that means he started his career at 52 years old! Maybe he once was a great player, but gave up his career for his wife and kids. However, he decided to comeback to live his dream as he have no more worries on the family as he is now a grandfather!

Then he'd have history from his first career...

I think this is where a young player has been added to the db, but the researcher accidently left his DOB blank, so on this occaision his age was randomly generated to be 52.

Then he'd have history from his first career...

I think this is where a young player has been added to the db, but the researcher accidently left his DOB blank, so on this occaision his age was randomly generated to be 52.

Possible, since his acceleration is 11, stamina is 12 and pace is 8, something I don't think is possible for a 53 year old man can have! But he have 1 for natural fitness, so he may be a very fast old man!

on a similar note how young can players be? I found a regen in my fm2006 game and he is 14, he is seriously good as well he would be the best player in my youth team if i got him.

There's quite a few 14 year old Brazilians in the game and not just regens.

Archived