Does anyone acyually scout next opposition?

I do. It doesn't always say 4-4-2. Occaisionally you get told gems of advice (play a high defensive line, or mark their strikers tightly, or something similar) which would be useful for beginners. Paticuarly in the future I like know who the dangermen are.

I do, but mostly for their previous result. Sometimes their identification of the dangerman can be helpful at the start of the season, particularly if the player is new to the league. It does need a serious overhaul in 09 with more options than "we will need to defend deep as their strikers are quick" or words to that effect...

Dangermen are a good one - especially when coming up against superior opposition. Commenting on them often fires up your players.

Looking at their formation is useful too - sometimes you'll get "Usually plays 442 but in the win over Burnley XXXXXX played a cautious 4-5-1". If they're using the new 451 you might have to be extra careful.

Since I found tactics, that I do not really adjust to the opponent and it works 95% of the time, I rather use the limited scouts I have available for proper scouting of regions.

I tried it in the past, but never really got that much out of it... playing in the league I think that as a manager I should be aware of the opposition's best players anyways.

If my tactics are not working as well as I wnat them to, I can make adjustments in the game anyways, according to how it goes. I find that the opposition also often changes tactics... but whether they play direct or short passing does not seem to have that much effect on how I play actually.

I don't when i manage in the Premier League but when i was in Serie A I found it very useful. Like when it says the pitch is on the short side I would go with a 442 and would go wide. When it says the pitch is on the narrow side i would usually play 41212 and go down the middle. 9/10 times it would help me get a good result.

Never. I haven't changed my tactics in years (actual years not FM ones) and certainly wont start because some nubbin thinks that player x might be a danger. I care not. My team can rip apart any team in the world without blinking.

Never. I haven't changed my tactics in years (actual years not FM ones) and certainly wont start because some nubbin thinks that player x might be a danger. I care not. My team can rip apart any team in the world without blinking.

You wanna try playing with a harder team then and stop managing Swindon Town :-)

Yeah I do, every single game. It's a good way to get a heads up if the next opposition use a widely different formation than the division norm. It also highlights whether i should focus on speed or power in attack. Good tool me thinks.

I always scout next opposition and always ignore the scout report apart from to glance at the list of injured or unavailable players.

The injured player one is a bit of a git! On a couple of occasions I have noticed that the star player of the opposition is listed as injured, but then he plays a majority of the game, allbeit with lower condition, but surely injured should mean unavailable injured.

Archived