315 members have voted

1. 1. Should SI have used Che Guevara?

• Yes
    • No
    • I really, really, really don't care.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is there no "I couldn't give a rats backside it's an advert for goodness sake" option? Advertising is the name of the game and if it drums up a bit of attention then they've got the job done, I didn't vote because I don't care what's in the advert, as long as it's not me naked.

I like how there's an announcement for an imminent announcement.

I've only just read it.

Why couldn't they have had an announcment that they were going to have an announcment about the imminent announcment?

Many people argue that Che Guevara is a Terrorist, I say nay!

A very clever and impressive revolutionary who helped the Cubans so very much aswell as other.

I voted No only because Che Guevara has nothing to do with FM.

Still i liked the announcement announcing the announcement.

If the reason to use Che Guevara was to emphasise that the next FM was going to be revolutionary then its a very clever peice of advertising by using the most recognisable revolutionary of them all.

Well, I have to say there are things in life that I do have knowledge of and a vast swathe of knowledge that has completely passed me by. Che Guevara definitely falls into the latter category for me so I don't really have an opinion other than that as a piece of advertising it kinda failed on me since I wouldn't recognise Che Guevara from a random person in the street!

no, shut the f*** up about hitler, i hope your happy now ive made it dumb enough for you to read

you say it's dumb enough, but i'd say there's a high chance of him not knowing which letters the *** stand for

Those who don't care either don't know and consider him nothing but revolutionary, or subscribe to the, false, romanticised view that all revolutions are good.

I know enough people in areas of the world that have undergone change, or are in the middle of it, to know better.

One mans terrorist may be anothers freedom fighter, but still half the people will think of them as a terrorist.

VB

Why is there no "I couldn't give a rats backside it's an advert for goodness sake" option? Advertising is the name of the game and if it drums up a bit of attention then they've got the job done, I didn't vote because I don't care what's in the advert, as long as it's not me naked.

Like you read my mind.

Looks like even on here it is getting SI attention - I'm sure it will spread through the media too.

Che Guevara's image is one of the most overused in the world, so I fail to see anything about this being "offensive" or a stroke of marketing genius.

And to anyone who says Che was a terrorist or a bad man etc., then LEARN YOUR HISTORY!!!!!!!!!

Like Castro, Mandela and Haile Sellassie, Ernesto was a man of the people.

The greatest ruler of all time was a dictator in Caesar. My opinion mind...

lol i think so ;) has a very good PA

oh. i think the search finction in my game has broke. i have typed his name in a million times to no avail. either that or the person who made this thread has spelt his name wrong.

does he play for anyone else apart from cuba?

seriously im getting really frustrated, everyone is banging on about him, i just have to sign him!!!! but SI have mucked about with the bloody search feature! does he play well in a partnership with that other good, young striker Adolf Hitler?

seriously im getting really frustrated, everyone is banging on about him, i just have to sign him!!!! but SI have mucked about with the bloody search feature! does he play well in a partnership with that other good, young striker Adolf Hitler?

That's not even funny. Hitler was a dictator and a half. He was a mass murderer. Che Guevara wasn't a murderer, not to the extent that Hitler was.

lol i think so ;) has a very good PA
That's not even funny. Hitler was a dictator and a half. He was a mass murderer. Che Guevara wasn't a murderer, not to the extent that Hitler was.

you're either a murderer or not murderer, there is no 'extent' to it. without going into all the 'guilty mind' stuff in Law, if you intend to kill someone, you are a murderer whether one person dies as a result of your actions, or a thousand.

Archived