When does a secondary nationality pecome a primary nationality?

I have a young English midfielder in my Mosside squad.

He has English as his primary Nationality and Turkish as his 2nd Nationality.

He has recently been called up to the Turkish U19 squad, accepted the invitation and played.

He now therefore has "capped at U19 level", on his profile. Now there is nothing wrong with that I hear you say but the thing is he is still listed as English right next to it on his profile, (so at the very least is it a little misleading as it indicates that he has been capped at U19 level of England).

So I suppose my first question is.... Is this meant to be like this because he still has the power to change Nationalities and hasn't made up his mind yet either way and is keeping his options open.

If that is the case then no problem, but then perhaps we need a system in place where we can differentiate between the primary Nationality mentioned on the profile and the Nation that has been represented at whatever level.

My next question is.... What would happen if he then went on to represent England at U21 or full International level?

Maybe an answer would be to place a flag of the nation concerned next to the, "capped at U19 level" line on the profile.

Then maybe under that if he represented England at U21 or Full level you could have those details next to an English flag.

I would also like to see each level of representation kept on the profile screen rather than the most recent one supercede the previous. If a player has played at U19, U21 & Senior level then I would like to see it rather than just see his full International info.

Anyway, not really sure at the moment whether this is a bug, something that has just been overlooked or maybe just something that needs to be looked at for the future.

Cheers.

It doesn't change I believe, as since it's only U19 level, he could still play for say England U21 and England senior team, even if he's played for the Turkey U19's.

It would only change if he went to play for the senior Turkey team and also maybe their U21 team, not too sure about the U21's.

If you want to see the full international info of a player, just go to your squad list and select 'International' from the View drop down menu, if we saw all their international information on their profile screen, it would become wayyy too clustered imo.

I can say almost for sure that the flag will change if he plays for Turkey U21's, one of the players in my sign-up started as English with Spanish as a second nationality, he decided to play for Spain U21's and the flag on his profile is now a Spanish one.

In the games I played as a national team manager (using the US) I could pick Patrick Nyarko, who normally appeared with the flag of Ghana, to play for the US as he had America as a second nationality. As soon as he was capped his flag icon changed to the US. Ditto with Ronnie O'Brien going from uncapped Irish to US.

In real life players with multiple nationalities have to decide at age 21 or at the first selection for a national team which will be their football main nationality. Decission is made by playing/accepting selection for any national side.

Yep - he'll pick the "primary" nationality of the nation he is first capped for.

Until then, yes, the text is a bit misleading as "Nationality: English, 12 Under-21 caps, 2 goals" makes it look like the player has played Under-21 for England .. when in my game, he's played them for Nigeria. :D

It doesn't bother me too much - a.) its cosmetic, and b.) I try to get the player 10 minutes late in a senior Friendly to "lock him" in to the nationality .. then I'll send him back down to the U-19s or U-21s.

Archived