AFC Wimbledon FM09

A team of super-human students! As an AFC fan, just hoping we can stay amongst the leaders. I'm expecting Team Bath's results to dip around the exam period. And be interesting to see how many turn up on New Year's Day. ;)

While I agree with the basic idea that the university have in making Team Bath (in getting players back into football), the club has become a joke. Our taxes now pay for not just students put part time players to play full time. Some of their squad don't even go to the uni. In my opinion they should never have been allowed up, after all they dont even use their own ground. They rent Twerton Park from Bath City, yet Cambridge United were chucked out of the Blue Square South last season because their council won't upgrade their ground.

Down with Team Tax!

Rant over.

Did you mean Cambridge City? Sounds harsh on them. Do Team Bath rely soley on government money? Dont they get any private funding from anywhere? I see where you're coming from, personally i dont have anything against Team Bath. It seems the lower level football players are very vulnerable to job losses and growing up in the shadow of all the wealth at the top of the game, naturally believe they wont need any other qualifications, so the ones that dont make it get left a bit shafted.

• SI Staff
Well since Sports Interactive sponsors them, will all the player and staff have profile pictures?

Hopefully. They have in the past but it depends if we get pictures in enough time to get them in the game. :)

Some history behind it from AFCW's wiki page

AFC Wimbledon have been sponsored by computer games developers Sports Interactive, creators of the hugely popular original Championship Manager series and subsequently since their split from publishers Eidos, the continuation of that series, known as Football Manager, since the club's inception in 2002, and the SI logo appears on the front of the team's shirts. SI managing director Miles Jacobson said of the deal: "We are huge supporters of grass roots football. Most of us play grass roots football at some level (or in my case, below grass roots!), and we know that that is where the stars from tomorrow are going to come from."[39]

The idea for Sports Interactive to sponsor them came from Nick Robinson, who was an employee at Eidos, Sports Interactive's then-publishers. However, Eidos were not willing to fund the deal, and so SI decided to stump up the cash themselves.

The sponsorship of AFC Wimbledon is not Sports Interactive's first foray into the world of lower-league football, the company having sponsored a "Save York City" charity football tournament in 2001.

22 Thurrock 5 0 0 5 4 11 -7 0

1 AFC Wimbledon 5 5 0 0 13 4 9 15

see my local team thurrock will muller afc wimbledon in the BSPS.....either them or my next local team chelmsford....and if they dont grays will next year ;)...and if they still dont and afc wimbledon make it to the football league, dagenham&redbridge will.

no FCUM are in the Unibond premier. I wonder if Bradford Park Avenue will have Rudd and Patterson up front on the game.

Dafuges challenge is based on teams in the unibond premier as well as the southern and ryman premier at the start of the game.

• SI Staff
Some history behind it from AFCW's wiki page

AFC Wimbledon have been sponsored by computer games developers Sports Interactive, creators of the hugely popular original Championship Manager series and subsequently since their split from publishers Eidos, the continuation of that series, known as Football Manager, since the club's inception in 2002, and the SI logo appears on the front of the team's shirts. SI managing director Miles Jacobson said of the deal: "We are huge supporters of grass roots football. Most of us play grass roots football at some level (or in my case, below grass roots!), and we know that that is where the stars from tomorrow are going to come from."[39]

The idea for Sports Interactive to sponsor them came from Nick Robinson, who was an employee at Eidos, Sports Interactive's then-publishers. However, Eidos were not willing to fund the deal, and so SI decided to stump up the cash themselves.

The sponsorship of AFC Wimbledon is not Sports Interactive's first foray into the world of lower-league football, the company having sponsored a "Save York City" charity football tournament in 2001.

Last season we also sponsored Accrington Stanley's reserve-team goalkeeper Martin Fearon's away kit. (He used to do the Accrington research for us before turning pro.)

Archived