Three Lions

Sensationally today Steve McClaren has been axed by the FA with only 5 European Championship Qualifying games remaining. England are currently 2nd in Group 5 of Qualification for the upcoming European Championships in Austria and Switzerland. Croatia are clear by 3 points and England must be wary of Israel who are level on points aswell as the outsiders Russia who have a game in hand. The controversy surrounds the new appointment, 35 year old rookie manager Ben Ashley. Plucked from the assistant managerial job at Championship new boys Nottingham Forest the decision to appoint Ashley is a highly controversal one. No managerial experience is a main concern with upcoming games of Estonia and Croatia only a month away. Ashley told his critics to allow him to focus on the job in hand and secure England's place at the finals come next June.

Ashley has released his final squad to the public for the upcoming game agaisnt Estonia in Group 5.

Paul Robinson, Scott Carson, David James

Ashley Cole, Micah Richards, John Terry, Ledley King, Gary Neville, Michael Dawson, Joleon Lescott.

Joe Cole, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Aaron Lennon, David Bentley, Michael Carrick, Owen Hargreaves, Jermaine Jenas.

Wayne Rooney, Michael Owen, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Andrew Johnson.

Injuries to David Beckham and Rio Ferdinand mean they will not be included in the squad.

England 2 Estonia 0

Steven Gerrard 23

Michael Owen 67

England remain 2nd with 14 points.

Croatia 1 England 1

Rooney 48

A one sided affair saw England only come away with a point from an impressive performance. No less than 12 shots on target proved worthless as England

finish the game with 10 players after substitute Michael Dawson was sent off after recieveing 2 yellow cards. England remain in 2nd with 15 points

England 3 Russia 0

Owen 12+34

Lampard 87

A highly polished performanced saw England take pole position in Group 5 as Croatia dropped points elsewhere.

Macedonia 0 England 4

Rooney 23

Owen 38

Gerrard 41

Jenas 83

Macedonia were heavily beaten as England qualify, only one point needed to ensure they finish as group winners.

Israel 1 England 3

Owen 56+78

Bent 60

England had to come behind thanks to a Yossi Benayoun penalty in the first half. England win the group with 24 points, Croatia totalling 19 points.

Englan have 3 remaining friendlies before they begin the tournament, Finland, Iceland and Liechenstein.

Just realised opponesnts scorers havn't been mentioned, will do so from now on!

England have been drawn in Group alongside Turkey, France and Ireland.

The following squad has been released for the Finals in Austria/Switzerland.

Robert Green, Scott Carson, David James

Gary Neville, Ashley Cole, John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Micah Richards, Wayne Bridge, Ledley King

Stewart Downing, Joe Cole, David Beckham, David Bentley, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Owen Hargreaves, Michael Johnson

Michael Owen, Peter Crouch, Dean Ashton, Jermaine Defoe and Darren Bent.

Wayne Rooney, Michael Carrick and Jermaine Jenas all miss the tournament through injury.

England 3 Turkey 0

Defoe 12+55

Ashley Cole 43

France 0 England 2

Stewart Downing 20

Steven Gerrard 73

England 2 Ireland 0

Peter Crouch 54

Joe Cole 79

Italy 1 England 2 (Quarters)

Materazzi 5

Terry 72

Beckham 90

England 0 (win on pens) Portugal 0 (Semi's)

Owen, Beckham, Cole, Lampard and Neville all score

Ronaldo, Veloso and Tiago score, Moutinho misses

And so the final . . .

England 0 Spain 0

We win on peno's!

Owen, Ashton, Beckham, Lampard and Downing all score

Villa, Raul, Silva all score with Xavi missing

Games Played 11

Games Won 10

Games Drawn 0

Games Lost 1

Goals Scored 22

Goals Conceded 3

Manager Points 241

By far one of the best records of my FMH 2008 career so far!

I found it too easy but maybe it was just me... Never lost a game and won everything over 30 seasons!

Believe it or not but people who know me on here will tell you I don't lie very often! They will however say I am lying about the mighty Leeds being the best. I am not. They are just losing it ;):thup:

Certainly not going to argue, just aiming to ensure I keep my unbeaten record going!

England have been drawn alongside Russia, Montengro, Ukraine, Andorra and FYR Macedonia in Group 1 of the World Cup Qualifying section.

Ben Ashley has today promised to do all he can to attain back to back major tournaments.

Gary Neville announces he will retire at the end of the season aged 34.

Zambia 0 England 2

Hargreaves

Ferdinand

England 4 Andorra 0 (WCQ)

Ashton 29

Lampard 45

Rooney (pen) 80

Crouch 90

FYR Macedonia 0 England 5 (WCQ)

Owen 22+89

Rooney 31+54

Gerrard 84

England 2 Russia 0 (WCQ)

Crouch 78

Gerrard 83

England sit comfortably top of the group by 3 clear points.

Games Played 15

Games Won 14

Games Drawn 0

Games Lost 1

Goals Scored 35

Goals Conceded 3

Manager Points 262

SKY SPORTS NEWS LATEST: Ben Ashley has today turned down the vacant managerial post at The Madjeski stadium, "Reading is a fantastic club and whilst the offer appeals to me, I need to stay completley focused on International management and building towards a hopeful future for English football."

Certainly can, Its just a basic 4-4-2 Attacking formation.

Team Instructions: Attacking, Short, Normal, Yes, No, No, No.

Simple :p

Ukranie 1 England 3 (WCQ)

Milevskiy 41

Rooney 5+17+54

England 3 Ukranie 0 (WCQ)

Lampard 3

Gerrard 34

Terry 43

England 3 Morocco 0 (Friendly)

Lampard 14

Gerrard 19(pen)+74(pen)

England 2 Montenegro 0

Lampard 17

Gerrard 53

Ashley has praised central midfield duo Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard for their impressive perfomances and recent run of goalscroing form.

Games Played 21

Games Won 18

Games Drawn 3

Games Lost 0

Goals Scored 47

Goals Conceded 5

Manager Points 279

Also I have found a typo, I still havn't lost a game, the 1 i supposed to be a draw not a defeat.

England 0 Portugal 0 (Friendly)

Andorra 0 England 6

Owen 14+40+55

Downing 51

Rooney 60+73

England 3 Macedonia 0

Owen 5+24+69

Russia 0 England 2

Ashton 62

Downing 70

Montenegro 0 England 6

Downing 9

Ashton 16

Defoe 31+37+45

Ferdinand 90

England qualify from Group A on 30 Points with a 100% record scoring 36 goals from 10 matches and only conceding an impresive one goal. Russia claim second with 19 Points.

Games Played 26

Games Won 22

Games Drawn 4

Games Lost 0

Goals Scored 64

Goals Conceded 5

Manager Points 311

England's unbeaten record has come to an end under Ben Ashley as a second team lost to both Ghana and Latvia.

Friendlies

Norway 0 England 1

Rooney 72

Ghana 2 England 1

Barnes 17

Essien 60

Gyan 74

Latvia 1 England 0

Verpakovski

The following squad has been confirmed for the World Cup Finals in South Africa

Foster, James, Robinson

A Cole, Richards, Terry, Ferdinand, Brown, Baines, King

Downing, Wrigh-Phillips, Lampard, Gerrard, Barry, Hargreaves, Jenas, J Cole

Owen, Rooney, Ashton, Crouch, D Bent

Peru 0 England 2

Owen 41

Downing 49

England 1 Sweden 1

Wright Phillips 79

Elmander 36

England 2 Saudi Arabia 0

Gerrard 10

Ferdinand 31

England win the group, with Sweden finishing runners up. England will play Brazil in the second round.

(David James convieniently retired just before the Brazil game!!)

Brazil 0 England 4

Lampard 13+72

Wright Phillips 18

Owen 40

Ashley announces his delight at the high scoring win over Brazil.

England will play Croatia in the Quarter Finals after their 2-1 victory over Columbia

England 1 Croatia 2

Rooney 6

Eduardo 13+40

England are knocked out by Croatia in the Quarter Finals and they suffer their first competetive defeat under Ashley's reign.

Spain will play Argentina in the final after respective wins over Croatia and Germany.

Argentina win the World Cup after a 2-1 win in extra time against Spain. Croatia take thrid place after a 1-0 win over Germany.

Games Played 32

Games Won 26

Games Drawn 6

Games Lost 3

Goals Scored 78

Goals Conceded 11

Manager Points 331

Ben Ashley has been subsequently sacked as England manager after their early exit in the quarter finals to 3rd place winners Croatia.

Ashley won the Euro 2008 Championships in his first every managerial spell and recorded a historic 4-0 victory over Brazil, however the FA have decided that Ashley has taken them as far as he can.

Ashley spoke out today after his dismissal and decided to retire from management after only 3 years. I believe I have suceeded with England, I have delivered a major trophy and the first every Euro Championship. Although I feel we could have gone on to win the World Cup Croatia deserved their victory and I would like to thank the fans for fantastic support.

Also I have now got corrupt flies which means I can't save the England game either, or reload it so every game is now lost, aswell as my hard earned unlockables :(

Going to download them, hate doing that! Just needed the Board one then I would have done them all myself.

Archived