How much do leauges improve?

Is there a good system in FM for a league improving over the years?

For instance if Celtic and Rangers do well in the champions leauge and some lower clubs start doing well in the UEFA cup and start to challenge the old firm for the title...will the Scottish league get more places in european competitions, more TV revenue for the league and champions league and a larger money prize for winning the league?

Or are things such as prize money hard coded like the league rules?

This has got to one of the most unrealistic features of FM I have heard about. Especially being a Celtic fan and wanting the SPL to improve to give me a realistic chance of turning Celtic into one of the best teams in Europe.

Well, the standard of leagues can change a small bit in FM, but the reputation never changes.

In my current save I'm currently in the year 2020 & the teams in the Spanish leagues are slightly weaker than in real life, while the top French teams are much stronger than they are right now irl.

Yeh it was the TV and Prize money is was mainly wanting to know about. Even though both Rangers and myself are doing well in Europe I constantly find my self short of cash to buy better players (like irl I suppose)...but I was just wondering if this was ever going to improve.

Yeh it was the TV and Prize money is was mainly wanting to know about. Even though both Rangers and myself are doing well in Europe I constantly find my self short of cash to buy better players (like irl I suppose)...but I was just wondering if this was ever going to improve.

Afraid not. That is something I would like to see added in the future, though.

Archived