On my 11th season, i'm getting very bored of this, anyone else feel the same?

Right at end of 10th season with Man Utd...Won League, League Cup and CL again...thats good but...

...Roy Keane once again says the same thing over and over after winning the treble, the board say they expected me to win but to focus on future challanges, they say same thing over also.

Also...I feel once I have won something it seems a chore for the next season. What bugs me the most is why isn't there something in the news that says...Real Madrid or Milan presidents have made a formal offer for me to be thier manager? What about something totally remarkable for winning the treble like 4 times now in 10 seasons? Why doesn't a player come and say they want to join my team rather than me approching a certain player?

why don't you simply take over another team, but continue the game?

I am in 2022 now and am enjoying it more than ever... then again I didn't start with such a big club, even so in a top division

Well Football doesn't work like that, and if you spent ten years or eleven years as Accrington manager, I'm sure you'd maybe not be as successful, but it wouldn't be as repetitive.

Because i'm a Man Utd supporter and not a supporter of any other team? And I love playing with Man Utd?

Because i'm a Man Utd supporter and not a supporter of any other team? And I love playing with Man Utd?

wow no wonder you dont enjoy FM. do you not buy new players because they don't play for man u in real life too?:thdn:

I am a Sunderland fan but playing as Crewe has been my best game ever taking a team from league one to winning the champions league is great. It must be brilliant taking an even lower team up to the top, there must be other teams you like in real life that you can play as. I mean who are your local team? I would be suprised if you are from manchester so why not take your local team to the top.

I am a Sunderland fan but playing as Crewe has been my best game ever taking a team from league one to winning the champions league is great. It must be brilliant taking an even lower team up to the top, there must be other teams you like in real life that you can play as. I mean who are your local team? I would be suprised if you are from manchester so why not take your local team to the top.

I live in Middlesbrough, taking Middlesbrough up isn't really much of a challenege as they are in the Premier league.

Right at end of 10th season with Man Utd...Won League, League Cup and CL again...thats good but...

...Roy Keane once again says the same thing over and over after winning the treble, the board say they expected me to win but to focus on future challanges, they say same thing over also.

Also...I feel once I have won something it seems a chore for the next season. What bugs me the most is why isn't there something in the news that says...Real Madrid or Milan presidents have made a formal offer for me to be thier manager? What about something totally remarkable for winning the treble like 4 times now in 10 seasons? Why doesn't a player come and say they want to join my team rather than me approching a certain player?

I had the same problem but after 5 seasons of winning the lot. I decided to take over Napoli just now. I saved it before i declined a new contract just in case I had any regrets. But I now have enthusiasm to paly again, I was watching the fa cup final and Cl final on commentary. I am just glad to have to build from scratch, I am lucky though because Napoli are low-mid table in Serie A but they have Guilherme and Menez :)

I live in Middlesbrough, taking Middlesbrough up isn't really much of a challenege as they are in the Premier league.

well take over a random lower league team then. i bet you'll enjoy it. ill even make a recomendation.....GRAYS ATH- BSP

I enjoy taking my local team Luton up to the top.. Will be an even greater challange in Fm09 am looking forward to that! :)

haha yeah I am trying to do the same with barnet on fm08 but judging by the poor start to the season this year I feel it may be an even harder challenge than Luton despite the points reduction. At least you have a squad of players capable of playing in a league higher than the conference south or whatever it is called nowadays. Anyway back to the original thread although you say you support Man U and no one else do you realise you dont have to support a team to manage them. If that was the case I think I would be a supporter of nearly every club in the Football League over past additions of FM.

Grays Athletic - Blue Square Premier?

Isn't that lower than the conference? I think that might be too hard because it going to take like 10 years to even get into league 2, might try a league 2 team to start with but on a new game would be best.

Thats ages into the game? Anything crazy happening?

Liverpool fell as low as league two, Chelsea and ManU bounce from Championship to EPL, Everton are the kings of Europe and the EPL (won league 27 times but haven't done anything much in the last 5-10 years), and Burnley currently is the top rated team in Europe.

So no, nothing really crazy... ;)

Grays Athletic - Blue Square Premier?
Isn't that lower than the conference? I think that might be too hard because it going to take like 10 years to even get into league 2, might try a league 2 team to start with but on a new game would be best.

no you wally, the BSP is the Conference. its been renamed due to new sponsers "blue square" trying to 'big up' the league by calling it a "premier"- much like coca cola calling division 1 the "championship".

I'v done 11 seasons and I'm getting excited every season....

Season 1: Forest - Got promoted via play offs with a last minute equaliser in extra time...then won on penalties

Season 2: Narrowly escape Relegation

Season 3: Just missed out on Play Offs

Season 4: After looking like I was going to get automatic promotion, I miss out on play offs!

Season 5: With club in turmoil, I bow my head and resign

Season 6: Offered Barnet job....take charge and hate it! Resign after signing the only best players available lol. Which makes my next job even harder!

Season 7: Join Barnsley who are rooted to bottom of league and on way to non-league obscurity. The 6 point gap between us and the next team is increased to 9 after I lose my first game. Bugger.

On last day of the season, we stay up and my name will be synomous with Barnsley folklore forever - at least in FM :)

Season 8: Finish 15th

Season 9: Finish 6th and in play offs, Get knocked out of semi finals. Only had 1 fit striker for these games

Season 10: Favourites for play offs, I finish a disappointing 16th

Season 11: Currently with Barnsley in League 1. Got off to a fantastic start with my youth player regen doing superbly.

As I said, I'v absolutely loved playing FM and it's been one heck of a challenge. I havent looked up good players on the net, I havent' downloaded tactics or training schemes. Just played the game to enjoy it no matter the division I'm in. Sometimes I'v lost my fair share and it's been depressing but that just makes the victories even sweeter.

Not saying you download tactics but if you join a team with little or no hope it's a sweeter game and when you succeed with them? Try and change the fortunes of another club. Personally, I can't wait to join a club or take Barnsley to the Premier League. My ambition is to win the league, the FA Cup, Champions League and then take charge of England. When I succeed with all of that? Join a foreign club perhaps before returning to the English league.

It'l take me plenty of seasons but it shows the depth of the game - you just have to find it yourself.

I'm a Spurs supporter. I never take charge of them. My favourite FM games tend not to involve them.

A few years back I took Carlisle from the Conference to League Two, then was offered the job at Crewe to replace Dario Gradi after their relegation to League One (maybe still called Division Two at the time). I paired up Dean Ashton with my 170000 signing from Southampton, Peter Crouch, took the league by storm and had a great run to the playoffs in the Championship before losing Ashton for a derisory sum of 2.5m.

In FM 2007 I took Preston to the Premiership and pushed Arsenal right up to the last day of the season with a bunch of misfits like Anthony Le Tallec and some PNE originals like Paul McKenna (a midfield magician, but not a hypnotist). I resigned six years later after UEFA Cup success and various Champions League runs but never getting closer to winning the League than I did in that debut season.

Currently in FM2008 I've taken Barrow from the Conference North and we're now fighting tooth and nail for the Blue Square Premier League title, which looks destined to go to Stevenage (one point ahead with a game in hand and I still have to visit 3rd placed Aldershot to whom I've lost 1-0 at home, and 1-0 away in the FA Trophy). I've never watched Barrow play and couldn't pick one of their players out of a line-up, but it is great fun.

The point of the message is you don't have to support another club to manage them. Winning every competition going with Manchester United would be boring. Doing it with Morecombe would be more rewarding. In my opinion.

When i 1st got FM08 i played as Manchester United, but only for 3 seasons until i got for the feeling for the game...

Then i was lucky to get a place on the FML Beta testing team, but during some downtime, i had a craving for FM08... Now i had a decision to make... Back to my United game, or something a little more challenging?

After half an hour, i stumbled onto the San Marino Challenge in the Challenges forum... I'm not writing my progress up for the forum, it's more of a personal challenge really. It's the best thing i ever did.

It's not for everyone,

- if you like your big name players it isn't for you,

- if you like playing against teams you've heard of, this isn't for you

- if you like playing against players you've heard of, this isn't for you.

But it has completly re-ignited my love of FM08, so much so, FML is out of my life...

Hoping to make Serie A before FM09 comes out!

Try Blyth Spartans? I took them top the Premier League... could never win the title though. It's a great challenge to go from the bottom to the top, and you'll never get bored in the same way you would with endless Man U victories.

There are so many ways to improve your challenge and a majority are listed in the challenges forum (strangely enough) the San Marino challenge is particularly interesting, but you have to expect to get bored if you manage one of the top teams. I spent 7 years on my game applying for Barca and was overjoyed when I eventually got it, I left 2 years later because it was so incredibly easy and headed to a relegation cadidate and that saved my game.

I'm a Swindon Town fan but can never face managing my own side - I think it's because if I deviate from real-life scenary at all (in terms of starting XI, rough league position) etc. I feel cheated and feel the urge to quit. I don't get this with any other team. I know, I need to see a psychiatrist.

My personal favourite games are managing a team relegated from last or a couple of seasons before, and are therefore a fairly big hitter in their league. Going for promotion gets you hooked on the game, but battling relegation once you've got there is the real gripper! Nothing beats a good relegation battle. Currently trying Brighton at the moment who are great fun to manage, and have a decent young team, except my relegation battles seem to have begun before I've managed promotion...

Or if that doesn't get you into the game, try Luton. There's a challenge!

Archived