Your Worst moment in football manager

This is a thread for you to describe your worst ever moment as a football manager! Was it mega-money flop transfer, a dreadful loss, or a disagreement with the board.

Mine is when I was Birmingham and spent £21 Million on 25 year old Mauro Zarate. This was my whole transfer budget and 10 minutes into the opening game he broke is leg and then on his return broke his ankle.

having been a very succesful manager of a once small club- in the 8th season- fairly asking for more transfer funds- having that request rejected- putting in an ultimatum (after all we were filthy rich plus they wouldn't want such a successful manger leaving)- SACKED.

Deciding on whether to spend £40 million on Cristiano Ronaldo or Petr Cech. Both players were willing to go, but I only had cash for one. I chose Cech who performed terribly, whilst Cristiano Ronaldo won world player of the year twice in a row. Worst decision ever.

Deciding on whether to spend £40 million on Cristiano Ronaldo or Petr Cech. Both players were willing to go, but I only had cash for one. I chose Cech who performed terribly, whilst Cristiano Ronaldo won world player of the year twice in a row. Worst decision ever.

Ahh Unlucky, probably would have done the same at the time

Champions League Semi Final

against Arsenal

I'm manager of Chelsea in this

First Leg: Arsenal 4-7 Chelsea.

I thought I had it wrapped up for the second leg but then DISASTER!

Second Leg: Chelsea 0-6 Arsenal

Aggregate Score: Arsenal 10-7 Chelsea.

I was nearing the end of my contract and there were media reports that they would not offer me a new contract at the end. (hadn't won anything the season before) but eventually I soothed them with a triple cup win of the Premier League FA Cup and Carling Cup.

This is a thread for you to describe your worst ever moment as a football manager! Was it mega-money flop transfer, a dreadful loss, or a disagreement with the board.

Mine is when I was Birmingham and spent £21 Million on 25 year old Mauro Zarate. This was my whole transfer budget and 10 minutes into the opening game he broke is leg and then on his return broke his ankle.

ahaha i laughed on that one

With Man United playing the Carling Cup final against Arsenal (worthless trophy but when it's against a top 4 side it's a big deal). I went up 1-0 in the 3rd minute, but I was being horribly outplayed. By the 90th minute, I'd used all subs and Rooney got injured, so I continued with 10 players. Arsenal equalise in the 94th minute and then crush me 4-1 in extre time. A few seconds were the difference between a win and an emberrassment.

Playing 30 games and amasing a measly 6 points with West Ham in the Premiership before I was asked to resign. I refused and then beat leicester 4-1 away in the very next game and then got sacked a few days later.

Probably on the last game of my second season with Arsenal. Had a one point lead going into the last game against bottom of the league Fulham. Created loads of chances, where as Fulham had about two shots, and the game finished 1-1. Then when I looked on the other scores section, the team in second place had beaten their opposition, meaning they won the league. Then I went on to lose the CL final.

Dominating against Arsenal in the CL final, my starplayer missing a penalty in the 58th minute but then setting up a leading goal in 64th. Was 19/10 vs 6/2 in shots. In the 89th minute, a 34 year old Adebayor equalises. We go on to lose 3-1 on penalties after my star player misses yet another penalty (he got penalty taking 17).

After the game, I go haywire on the media about their equaliser: "xxx remains silent" and "may have very reason to be upset about the goal". Sigh.

More annoyingly, we lost to Arsenal the year before in the UEFA cup final in ET.

Last game of the season, 2-1 up last minute of the game, concede a deflected free kick which sent my Kiddeminster side down on goals scored. Relegated cause of 1 goal got me so angry that I started headbutting my bin at 2 in the morning! This game is bad for you.

Many bad moments lol

• losing to greyed teams...
  • giving up penalties every game, especially those 90 minute ones...
  • embarassed 6-2 to Crawley as AFC Wimbledon
  • managing Chimney Corner
  • resigning from Motala AIF when I make them a solid Swedish First Division Elite team. They did well while I couldn't find another job...

Winning 1 - 0 against Hull and the there is for GOD KNOWS why theres SEVEN minutes stoppage time.

Hull managed to score in the 94th minute and the 97th to win the game 2 - 1.

Lets just say I needed to go downstairs for a cuppa tea before the laptop was in pieces.

When there's a lot of stoppage time, the computer gives me an indication that I will lose the game lol.

Having taken Mk Dons to the prem (in 5 seasons) I struggled and was in a relegation place for most of the season. having won 3 of my last 5 I needed a win to survive for sure. last game against Man City. I go one up. Things look good.

They are having a lot of joy in the second half with Elano running though middle so i decide to lose a striker for another DM to man mark Elano. Something i have done before, often does the job if you need to hold a result.

Anyway coming up to end of the game and Elano runs through and mr Sub trips him in the area..penalty..sub is sent off. Resshuffle again, using last sub. They score pen.

They have another attack, my keeper gets injured...reshuffle, no real keeper, down to 9 men.

We have an attack when the ball is floted out wide to my speedy striker who chips the keeper, it bounces off the post, cleared and they run up the other end...and score. :(

Final whistle we are down...it just is NOT our day! :(

Just recently, I started a game as Arsenal and planned on using only young players and dominating for years, I won the Champions League the first season but threw away the Premiership after leading for the whole season, then halfway through the next season I was about 10 points behind Man Utd by christmas and I got offered the Inter job, which I took and since been to Sevilla & Barcelona and been quite successful but I regret leaving Arsenal, there now dominating England & Europe with the players that I bought back in 07, if only I had been a bit more patient and rejected the Inter job!

Losing with Angers SCO who i have taken to 2nd in the french league, can't seem to budge PSG!! anyway i lost for four successive years in both french cups to the SAME non league team! and to make matters worse they were my fierce rivals!! I even lost with pato, iniesta, thiago neves and jimenez, as well as a 265million striker!!

Lots of crap moments for me but the most recent one was a humiliating defeat with Alfreton. We were on a 10 game unbeaten run and if we won the next game we would go top. We lost 6-1 at home to Northwich in 10th, conceded 5 in the first half an hour! Awful moment :(

on CM 03/04. Last day of the season, me (Southampton) v Aston Villa, joint on points, seperated by 2 goals on GD. the match would decide who would be relegated from the Premiership.

0-0 at half time, 8 minutes into the second half James Beattie scores making it Southampton 1-0 Aston Villa.

73rd minute i get a penalty, James Beattie takes it..and misses.

81st minute and Darius Vassell gets the equaliser for Aston Villa.

90th minute and Aston Villa make it 2-1. The scorer was Anders Svensson, who i sold to Villa before the season started.

Probably getting sacked from Caridiff in the 2nd season because I was drifting above the relegation zone and thinking I'd get a decent job to go to, months go by and no offers. Then Grays Athletic come in with an offer who were 3/4 divisions below the Championship :|

I took it, and missed out on the playoffs by a couple of points.

Havent really had many though.

Archived