The forthcoming Football Manager

How do you think Fm 2009 will be?  

208 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think Fm 2009 will be?

• Yes, it should be really good
    • No, I dont think it will be that good, essentialy a season update
    • I dont know, i will judge it after the features and demo come out.
    • Dont know, Dont care - I will not be buying it.

Hi all

Like many I am very excited by Miles revealing when we will finally find out football manager 2009's features. I cant wait! So even thougn we know nothing about the features (and just from pure gut instinct) do you think that football manager 2009 will be really good or just a season update? Judging by miles's actions. This has been organisng the new features to be put on sigames own youtube channel and it being quite a long documentary as well, as well as keeping a fm 09 will be bad thread open (overruling a mods decision to shut it), i think fm 09 will be the best!

Although there's a part of me that thinks it's being overhyped, i can't help but think that this year's installment is going to be great!

It feels like most of that "overhype" comes from the fan community, not necessarily SI themselves. A lot of expectations, hopes, wishes, (and unfortunately) "demands" have been made by people on this forum and other sites. A lot of things have been discussed to nearly the point of fact (despite no real facts being released quite yet). SI's said it'll turn out nicely and have some great and improve features, but otherwise they're playing it pretty close to the chest.

Why on earth is there a poll aboyut this when no one has seen a thing yet? Bit early surely?

Sorry frankie, but i did say that miles's actions have made me feel that fm 2009 is going to be very exciting.

Keep the votes coming! I want as many people as possible voting!!

I can't wait for the demo game so I can get a feel for it,wonder when that will be out but one thing that annoyed me was that the game will be out before xmas,if it's december then its a bit late reallyas they will be doing a patch very soon with the transfer window included.

Should be really good - Miles seems happy with its direction. Just a question, though, why is this poll multiple choice? I selected all four options and dankrzyz selected two :D.

Sorry Canvey, its my first ever poll thread, i thought i'd do that so that if someone wanted to say that they think the game will be good but will also make a 'final decision' when the features and demo come out.

Should be really good - Miles seems happy with its direction. Just a question, though, why is this poll multiple choice? I selected all four options and dankrzyz selected two :D.

I selected the two that apply: Based on their past releases, I think FM'09 will be good... but I'm also waiting for the demo and features list to make more of a judgement. :)

All you can really do is wait and see when the features are announced and later on the demo released. How can anyone say it should be good - no one knows anything about it yet, same for anyone suggesting it'll be a season update.

I can't believe the don't care, wont be buying it option has 3 votes.. Why would anybody be on these forums if they were not even interested in trying/buying it?

I have gone for the first option, I'm not always this optimistic but I just have a feeling that FM09 is going to be something pretty special. Silly really, can't beleive I still get as excited by these bloody FM games as when I was in my teens.

I can't believe the don't care, wont be buying it option has 3 votes.. Why would anybody be on these forums if they were not even interested in trying/buying it?

One of them was me :o - just highlighting the flaws in the multiple choice option here. My real opinion is option 1.

I can't wait for the demo game so I can get a feel for it,wonder when that will be out but one thing that annoyed me was that the game will be out before xmas,if it's december then its a bit late reallyas they will be doing a patch very soon with the transfer window included.

They say 'before Christmas' every year, and usually its been out in October.

Pointless poll?

Thanks for the comment. Really positive. All I wanted was the opinion of the community on upcoming Football Manager title. I just wanted to know how positive people are about Fm 09. What is your problem? If you keep doing this hardly anyone will suggest ideas or put up polls in the future, in case of demorlalising comments like that. It's not Pointless - if yo dont like it dont vote. Simple.

Archived