Training Tactics

Just a quick general question-if you are making custom training schedules, should you attempt to better a players skills which are already strong, or should you look to focus their training on those attributes which arent their speciality??

I.E: Didier Drogba, should i look to improve his strength (already strong), or attempt to develop his speed (less developed)

Depends what you're going to ask of him.

For Drogba, if you're going to ask him to play as a pacey, run-onto-the-ball type, then yeah you'll want to address his pace. However, if you're going to have him holding up the ball with his back to goal, then you might focus on his strength.

In general, I make a training schedule for each "role" I have on the team, and then I buy players whose skills fit that "role" .. so I wind up reinforcing their existing strengths.

However, I've also got a couple fairly intensive "remedial" training schedules. If a player has a "fatal flaw", I'll put him on whichever one of my remedial schedules focuses on that aspect. (A lot of youth academy graduates fall into this category, for example).

Archived