FM09 ( what people have said )

I have been reading many posts about what people want on FM09 and some things i agree with and some i would hate to see

Agree

Improve Transfer Market

International Management

Chairman Meetings

Ability To Tell Chairman To Allow More Funds For Particular Players

The Liscense For The EPL and Logos etc

German Liscense

Add People And Players To Your Favourites Lists

Organising Sponsorships

etc etc

Disagree

Ability To Spend Wages - hate that idea some much, it would end up being a contest of what decent stuff you can buy rather than focusing on the actually drive of your team

Coaching - ok, i have to admit it would but good but how could this work ? .. sort out training scheduals, reports ... then what ?

Making the game easier ( difficulty change ) - this is for the people who cant admit that sometimes the game is hard. What would you prefer ... Manchester United beating scunthorpe nearly every time because they ARE a better team or accrington stanley to win the league cup ?

Adding promotions - come on now .... its football manager not rollercoaster tycoon

Thoughts ?

Licences i dont see are an issue. while it would be nice to have them its neither here nor there. so long as the ability for 3rd partys to make them does not go away.

while i agree that sorting out the sponsorship isnt the managers job, i would be nice if the managers opinion was considered for things like that and stadium expansions. If we are going to build two new stands its going to blow your transfer budget by 80%. or we can do one now and one next year and drop both years by 50%. if only because sometimes the AI chairmen royally screw you over and spend every penny the club has doing these things at the most inoppertune moments.

Part of me kind of likes the idea of using the wages you have earnt over your 20 year carreer to buy out some conference club as well. it would really be your club and you could be in control of what is going on. Its moving away from the manager part a little but there is nothing to stop you being able to do both at the same time.

EDIT: id just like to point out that yes i know its FM and not FC&M for the purists.

Other games manufacturers. I'm not sure which ones off the top of my head as I don't play any other management games.

EA has the rights to the German stuff & Champions League\UEFA cup names irrc. There is a way to get the proper names in the German international squad and the European competitions if thats what you want to change but were not allowed to tell you on this official forum so you'll have to check some of the other fan sites or Google.

EA has the rights to the German stuff & Champions League\UEFA cup names irrc. There is a way to get the proper names in the German international squad and the European competitions if thats what you want to change but were not allowed to tell you on this official forum so you'll have to check some of the other fan sites or Google.

It's that, or look through the game's files to see inc you can figure it out for yourself?

• 2 weeks later...

I think the idea of your personal wages as a manager should be explored..... too reflect the greed of modern managers :) e.g i was MK dons in the championship.. and chelsea offered me a HUGE deal to become their manager (way more money than i get paid at MK Dons).. but i enjoy playing MK Dons but in real life i would accept the Chelsea job for the money!!!! Manager earnings and wages should actually mean something this time!

Archived