Infractions...

All I did was say tongue in cheek the demo was coming out soon.... Obviously SI are so tetchy about release dates they're quick to jump down someone's throat. I've been around these forums long enough to know better but the temptation got the better of me...! It seems the vast majority of warnings etc. surround release dates and the like. Tbh I'm quite happy with 08 at the moment and not in much hurry for 09 - especially as if the last 5 versions of FM/CM are anything to go by, it'll be unplable until the second patch anyway.

i believe 0/1 (10) means:

0 warnings / 1 post has earned infraction points (amount of total infraction points)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's it. 30 points is a week's ban. The points are removed after a year. A warning isn't any points.

I wasn't referring to swearing being the right way to go, in fact it's the wrong way to go! Just don't swear. I meant yours is a warning.

Edit: Depends on the scenario. If you swore and abused someone, it's a 10-point infraction. If you just swear, it's a warning (AFAIK).

All I did was say tongue in cheek the demo was coming out soon.... Obviously SI are so tetchy about release dates they're quick to jump down someone's throat. I've been around these forums long enough to know better but the temptation got the better of me...! It seems the vast majority of warnings etc. surround release dates and the like. Tbh I'm quite happy with 08 at the moment and not in much hurry for 09 - especially as if the last 5 versions of FM/CM are anything to go by, it'll be unplable until the second patch anyway.

I gave you the infraction, not SI.

The reason was because it is a royal pain when people spread false information on the forums at the best of times, but even more so at this time of year. It might have been tongue in cheek to you, but could quite easily have been taken as true by someone who is not a regular forum user.

The reason was because it is a royal pain when people spread false information on the forums at the best of times, but even more so at this time of year. It might have been tongue in cheek to you, but could quite easily have been taken as true by someone who is not a regular forum user.

yeah you shouldnt let people know the game comes out in 6 weeks time, even if you do have inside knowledge........

............thats joke, mr moderator, just a joke.:D

yeah you shouldnt let people know the game comes out in 6 weeks time, even if you do have inside knowledge........

............thats joke, mr moderator, just a joke.:D

Which has nothing to do with the post the infraction related to...

Which has nothing to do with the post the infraction related to...

but i could still get an infraction for making a thread saying that right?

Fair enough, but I still think the absolute no presuming/speculating etc. of FM09 release dates is a bit Nazi-esque... ordinarily I steer clear of threads like that anyhoo. I think the moderators need a sense of humour patch...

Archived