Unrealistically Annoying.

Scenario = Im playing as a high flying Carlisle squad in the Championship (3rd place in March 2013) I was trying to buy a youngster (Bellon) from West Ham, he wasnt getting any games and was on about 1k a week. I had a bid accepted and offered him a contract. Contract = 20k a week, key player, 6k appearance and 6k goal, 25% rise and 1mil signing on fee. Now i know in RL players like being at a high profile club but that is just ridiculous...

Its safe to say this has happened a multitude of times with a player from Leeds ( In the Premiership ) Who is sitting in the reserves, something Walton on 4k a week, he hasnt had a game in over a year and so i offered him again a max contract and once again it was a resounding NO.

The Reputation system needs some serious tweaking!

I understand you're frustration entirely, but I don't think there's much we can say. The last line of your post shows that you know what the issue is. All we can really do is agree with you on it. My advice is to sit tight and hope that FM09 will be an improvement in this area.

To be fair, if a player is happy to stay in his club, no matter how ever bigger club is approaching, he would still stay...

IRL, although this isnt the case in recent years, but it happen a lot in the good old days. I perfer FM keep it this way, i.e. Perferrence Club > money.

DrEdwierd, back to your problem, I bet Walton and Bellon have a pretty high loyality. The only way to get them it via FMM.

Archived