Will available scouting regions be changed for FM09

Scouting for a Welsh club (same for an Icelandic club) is appalling at the moment. You send your scout out to Wales (the only place you can and where I would want to scout anyway) and he comes back 3 days later having completed his scouting mission and with 2 players on his scout list. What on earth is the point of that? There are loads of clubs in Wales below the WPL and sure most of their players are probably not very good, but then to be honest neither are the players I currently have. I want to be able to tell my scout to scout Wales permanently like we used to be able to do and I want him to go to all those non-league clubs and give me reports on far more players so that I can make a judgement. How am I supposed to build a squad with just 2 player recommendations and the micro-management of having to re-assign my scout to Wales every 3 days and hope he comes back with a new player on his list this time?

\end{rant} :-|

Hopefully they will change it. Having african and asian countries in a bazillion different zones is unnecessary to say the least. Sticking every european country in the central european region is another great idea. Stick southern countries in the south European region dammit.

When they are done with that they should introduce the scouting budget. Each scouting assignment should cost money and the available scouting budget should limit you where you can scout and not reputation. You should also be able to move assignments up and down, edit their settings, have a million different assignments scouting the same region with different settings etc. What the hell were they thinking when they were designing this feature. There are so many better ways of implementing it.

Aye, I haven't the foggiest idea which European region most countries fall into since there aren't enough for East, West, North and South and you can't really have something being defined as "Central" if there aren't regions all the way around the outside of that at each compass point!!

Archived