how do you become a club favourite?

Ok i'm doing a career game managing Oldham Athletic currently in the year 2017, i've won 1 premier league title, 2 FA cups, 1 League cup and the Champions league once, we're filthy rich with a ground capacity of 55000, and i'm still not a favoured personel of the club, yet i've had players who have played for the club for a season and then be sold and they are listed as a favoured personnel.

On top of that the board are only satisfied with my performance as manager even though i'm half way through the current season and top of the league by 10 points and still in all the competions apart from the league cup. I've also turned down every job that i've been offered which is quite a few from all the top clubs in europe. This is one aspect of the game that annoys the hell out of me.

If this happened IRL i'd expect a knighthood and statues of me all around the town.

So has anyone else had this problem and i hope it gets fixed for 09.

I'm also usig patch 802.

Yeah I know it seems that no matter how much you achieve, it's still unlikely that you'll ever be listed as favoured personnel. I never had this problem with FM07 but in this years game, it's practically impossible to become favoured personnel at your club, while one of your players can easily make it onto the list by scoring a goal against one of your rivals :D

Ok i'm doing a career game managing Oldham Athletic currently in the year 2017, i've won 1 premier league title, 2 FA cups, 1 League cup and the Champions league once, we're filthy rich with a ground capacity of 55000, and i'm still not a favoured personel of the club, yet i've had players who have played for the club for a season and then be sold and they are listed as a favoured personnel.

On top of that the board are only satisfied with my performance as manager even though i'm half way through the current season and top of the league by 10 points and still in all the competions apart from the league cup. I've also turned down every job that i've been offered which is quite a few from all the top clubs in europe. This is one aspect of the game that annoys the hell out of me.

If this happened IRL i'd expect a knighthood and statues of me all around the town.

So has anyone else had this problem and i hope it gets fixed for 09.

I'm also usig patch 802.

ungrateful b**gers! That's what you get for proving too good. Leave and let them sink to D2...

in another thread, someone mentioned you could only get status as favourite by leaving the club, whether that's true or not

ungrateful b**gers! That's what you get for proving too good. Leave and let them sink to D2...

in another thread, someone mentioned you could only get status as favourite by leaving the club, whether that's true or not

false you leave you seem to auto go to 100 disliked status

I remember in my Chelsea save i was listed in the favored personnel after winning 2 league titles and one league and fa cup. However as soon as i left the club, i was removed from the list :( Tried to do it with Manchester United and 11 seasons into the game, won 9 league titles, 4 fa cups, 5 league cups and 3 champions league titles but still they had not picked me in the list, even though Saivet, who i had bought 3 seasons ago and is unhappy that i am not allowing him to move clubs, has been listed :(.

Looks like it's a problem with the game then, just hope it's fixed in 09, along side the confidence issues, being unrealistic, i want to play my youths in the league cup but my board always expect me to win it and are dissapointed when i dont.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah it really seems to be random...

won basically everything there was to win inlcuding 7 cl's in a row with chelsea! that got me to favoured personell but with other saves where i basically took tourizense from the 3rd division of portuguese football to cl glory!

and they had some random guy who played for 1 season , mostly coming off the bench and played crap, as the favoured personal.

I mind when i was at Maderia on an old save, wish to hell i didnt move to cardiff now, I was doing well with them turned them into regular league winners won it 5 times in a row and made it to the Semis of the UEFA cup and the Quater Finals of the champions league, not bad considering i was re-building a side every season when Man Utd and co kept buying all my star players and thye just would perform if i didnt let them go. I became favored personelle and when Cardiff came knocking i thought at least over there i wont have to re-build a squad every season and go hunting for 16 players just so i can field a ****ing side while making a profit. Soon as i left i was removed from the list, out of curiousuity downloaded FMM loaded it and seen i was 100% disliked by a team who i made dominat in their contry, loved it thought when i looked back over the nexxt two season while turning Cardiff into UEFA cup winners and third in the prem they once again lost all their key players and thier new manager could repalce them. They went and got relegated without winning a game. Put a smile back on my face.

Is it something to do with reputation? It seems the guys who make it on to their lists are those who achieve with lower expectation clubs. If Manchester City won the UEFA Cup I'm sure the manager would pretty popular. If Manchester United won the League it'd be as expected. The guy who said he got it for winning a cup in BSN, which wouldn't have been expected, further seems to suggest this might be the case.

• 1 month later...

Slight thread rez, but any word on whether this is being fixed in FM09

If taking Witton Albion to the top of the premiership and a 20 year career isnt' enough to eb a club favourite, I dont' know what is...

I really want to be kept a favourite too, after 20 years I let my contract run to the end and walked out the front door with my head held high and other than the standard "Manager has quit" news story, nothing happened. It's dissapointing really.

Yeah I know it seems that no matter how much you achieve, it's still unlikely that you'll ever be listed as favoured personnel. I never had this problem with FM07 but in this years game, it's practically impossible to become favoured personnel at your club, while one of your players can easily make it onto the list by scoring a goal against one of your rivals :D

I had a kid score a hat-trick against a rival on his 1st appearance for me.

He was instantly listed on the clubs "favoured personnel" list.

Whereas here's me, I've won the league for them 3 times, a European Cup, and a couple of domestic cups in about 5 seasons and the fans wouldn't miss me if I walked away, apparently. :confused:

I don't know why I bother sometimes, ungrateful so and so's..... :mad:

(This was on a previous save - not my current At. Madrid one)

I won the FA cup back to back with Notts Forest & I was listed in the favourites for exactly 3 days then i disappeared.

Didn't leave the club & still manage them & have won more trophies, but no favourite status.

Fickle fans i suppose.

At last, I've got myself into the favoured personnel of a club for the 1st time on FM08.

Club screen

It's taken 12 years. 10 consecutive league wins, and 23 domestic cup wins didn't do any good. However, last season I got my Guamean team to win the Asian President's Cup for the 1st time, thus qualifying us for the next season's Asian Confedaration's Cup.

And as massive underdogs, we went and won that at the first attempt, getting me onto the favoured personnel :D

Not only am I not a favoured person but I toook my club (and the team I support in real life) up from the Conf South to the Premiership, Quarter Final of the FA Cup and the bastards sack me with 7 games to go and 6th from bottom. This after telling me they expected us to struggle.

Ungrateful b******ds. And I left them with over £35m in the bank.

All that and they deny me my rightful place at Wembley for the FA Cup final ( a struggling Championship Man City at home in the QF, and League 1 Bunley in the SF).

This season they are third from bottom, only 1 win in 9 games. I hope they go down.

Me bitter??

Not only am I not a favoured person but I toook my club (and the team I support in real life) up from the Conf South to the Premiership, Quarter Final of the FA Cup and the bastards sack me with 7 games to go and 6th from bottom. This after telling me they expected us to struggle.

Ungrateful b******ds. And I left them with over £35m in the bank.

All that and they deny me my rightful place at Wembley for the FA Cup final ( a struggling Championship Man City at home in the QF, and League 1 Bunley in the SF).

This season they are third from bottom, only 1 win in 9 games. I hope they go down.

Me bitter??

You have a right to be bitter. I would be, if I had the patience to sit it out that long.

At last, I've got myself into the favoured personnel of a club for the 1st time on FM08.

Club screen

It's taken 12 years. 10 consecutive league wins, and 23 domestic cup wins didn't do any good. However, last season I got my Guamean team to win the Asian President's Cup for the 1st time, thus qualifying us for the next season's Asian Confedaration's Cup.

And as massive underdogs, we went and won that at the first attempt, getting me onto the favoured personnel :D

Just as a matter of interest but how did you get to manage a team from guam?

Its not a playable league

same thing happened with me

after 5 seasons w/ watford - won premiership twice n champions league, fa cup twice and league cup 3 times. and not favoured personnel, even though some of my players (who i bought and have left) are.

better be fixed for fm09

I am Crewe manager and after lifting them from league one to the premier league and selling enough players to get them out of their ground and into an expanded new 45k all seater stadium. In the 2016-2017 I won the prem and in the 2017-2018 I won league cup, FA cup Champions league and premiership. I am still not listed on favoured personel despite turning down job offers from AC Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona and a host of other top european teams. It sucks lol.

Well getting Oldham out of League 1 is a knighthood waiting to happen. But you definitely should become one soon. If you have a 3rd party program you can see how much of a favored personnel you are. If not just keep winning stuff.

I live only 20mins away from boundry park and im happy to see you in a new stadium, never liked the away seats there.

Come on you Chesterfield!

You've blatantly cheated there mate. Your game is only in 2008! FMM can instantly give you club favorite status, as you clearly know!!

I'm sorry, but you need to read my other posts in future, and not just come out and accuse me of cheating. That to me is down right twat-like behaviour.

If you had done [read my other posts] then you would have known that that screenie was taken immediately after winning the UEFA Cup. I had also lead my side to 4th in the Premiership. After the season reset on June 19th/20th (not 100% sure which of these 2 dates it is), I was then off the clubs "favoured personnel" list. I do not use external tools, and would not even know where to download FMM from, nevermind use it.

Like I have already said, do not come on here in future with your crap attitude, thinking that anyone who posts something you have not seen/achieved before is cheating.

Archived