French league - bug or not?

I posted a message about this in the Editor section, but I will give it a shot here.

I have had 2 strange experiences when playing teams in Ligue 1 (France). First one was playing OGC Nice, after a few seasons I managed to win the league, and the clubs reputation went up to Continental but just to drop to National again after no time. I checked the FMM and it showed reputation 7200 after the drop, I think 7500+ is Continental. The second experience was with PSG where exactly the same happend, reputation at start was 8400 (cheated, yes.), right after Ligue 1 win went up to 8800, and then suddenly dropped to 8200 - so actually a smaller value than before the season!

In the OGC Nice game I noticed that all french clubs with a kind of high reputation dropped. For example Lyon finished second in the leauge one season and were Champions Leauge runner ups - and their reputation was down to national though having been continental with a large margin before the game started.

I have the latest patch and run an own database (where the only relevant change is that reputation of Leauge 1 which was set to the same as La Liga).

I'm not sure if you could call it a bug if you edited the rep stats beforehand, the game may just be trying to rectify your changes over time in much the same way that editing a players stats to 20 is no guarantee that those stats will always stay at 20.

I'm not sure if you could call it a bug if you edited the rep stats beforehand, the game may just be trying to rectify your changes over time in much the same way that editing a players stats to 20 is no guarantee that those stats will always stay at 20.

True, in the PSG save I had edited the reputation of all Ligue 1 clubs (addning a thousand). But with the OGC Nice save I didnt, there I only changed the league's reputation. Why would a clubs reputation rise to Continental after a leauge win and then drop 1 game day later?

Why would a clubs reputation rise to Continental after a leauge win and then drop 1 game day later?

I don't think reputation is 100%. The only thing I could think of is the media attention over the win (if it was a big win) bumping up points and then dropping down as everyone forgets about it :D Probably reading too much into the game, but as with any club reputation does fluxuate on a daily basis.

I don't think reputation is 100%. The only thing I could think of is the media attention over the win (if it was a big win) bumping up points and then dropping down as everyone forgets about it :D Probably reading too much into the game, but as with any club reputation does fluxuate on a daily basis.

Yeah you're probably right. I just find it strange that a Champions League runner-up and League runner-up would not have a Continental reputation. I mean, its not like everyone outside of England has forgot about Chelsea now.

I think it's different with the lieks of Chelsea and the English league because they are known around the world, i.e. coming 2nd in France doesn't mean half as much as coming 2nd in England or Spain, so it has to be recognised in game.

I think it's different with the lieks of Chelsea and the English league because they are known around the world, i.e. coming 2nd in France doesn't mean half as much as coming 2nd in England or Spain, so it has to be recognised in game.

Yeah but in this case the Ligue 1 reputation was changed to 19. But maybe it is hardcoded?

Archived