Weakest Link

I have only just seen this in the game for the first time! I clicked on Player Interaction for Alessandro Potenza, who said he was delighted to hear my comments that he is still a solid player and is looking forward to seeing me, to see if I could praise him any further just because I'm nice like that. And I see this option to say my side is going to target him as the weak link! I have never even seen it before - it's funny how there are some things you see every five minutes, and then you can discover something just like that.

My question is, what triggers it? Neither his form nor average rating for the season is poor, so why is it him I can say is the weakest link?

I've only tended to see that option for defensive players, just like I've oonly seen the dangerman option for attacking players. I've used it once or twice, but like every media comment it's totally hit and miss an its impact is to raise or lower the morale of the player in question and it is extremely difficult (impossible I'd say) to judge which it will be. I've occasionally tried it on players who have Superb morale, assuming I don't have much to lose from increasing his morale, but I wouldn't recommend using that (or any other media comment) on players who already have morale below Okay because the risks far outstrip the rewards - I've had players who are essentially complete nobodies play like a collossus after I pinpointed them as the weak link or said I didn't give a toss about them coming back to face their former club :(

I imagine its dependent on their hidden personality stats. Perhaps temperment? Determination? Professionalism? An inconsistent player with low temperment seems like the ideal target, on paper. Perhaps age would also play a factor, as would recent form. Anyone actually know?

Archived