Question about player pictures

Hey guys, I haven't played any games in the Football Manger series, and I'm just wondering what the deal is with pictures of the players, as in 'real' players, not the Facegen ones. Are real photos of the players used, or are they animated, or are there no player pictures at all?

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, I'm just curious.

Thankyou.

Some of the players have pictures while other players just have the silhouette of a head and shoulders. It all comes down to legal issues in the end I expect, the people with pictures are more than likely the only ones willing to let their image be used for free :D

On a side note I'm assuming NZ stands for New Zealand, if so nice to see that other people in the country other than myself know FM even exists :thup::D

It's a licensing issue, the players have to give the game rights to use their image and they may not be able to do so because it has been used in another game or they may just not want to because they are a bit mad e.g. Oliver Kahn/Jens Munstermann.

It's a licensing issue, the players have to give the game rights to use their image and they may not be able to do so because it has been used in another game or they may just not want to because they are a bit mad e.g. Oliver Kahn/Jens Munstermann.

lol i feel so stupid right now .. i thought Jens Mustermann was a completely differente guy, i always wondered why i never heard of him especially him being like 39 years old or something .. damn kahn is fu**** crazy lol ..

Yeah mate I'm in New Zealand, I only know one other person in NZ who's into Football Manager, and he's from England originally so it doesn't count lol, he's a West Ham supporter but I don't hold that against him :D. That's crazy about Kahn, he must be going a little bit loopy in his old age. Thanks for the replies. Just to clarify, the pictures of players that are included are actual photos?

Yes they're actual photos, I'm from england originally too so I don't really count either :D

Lol, well aslong as your a Phoenix supporter I say you count ;)

Yes they are, all actual photos are real and bonafide

Cheers mate. I was hoping they were actual photos and not like the 'pictures' used in the FIFA games for example.

Yes they're actual photos, I'm from england originally too so I don't really count either :D

Lol, well aslong as your a Phoenix supporter I say you count ;)

Gah a Phoenix supporter, no way I can't sit through any A league games, they're sooo boring, I'd rather watch the NRL :D

Gah a Phoenix supporter, no way I can't sit through any A league games, they're sooo boring, I'd rather watch the NRL :D

Lol yeah the quality of the league isn't great as of yet, it is early days though and it seems to be developing pretty well, I guess the A-league is one league you don't manage in then lol. Although, Shane Smeltz and Daniel are are both pretty good players, they'd be really cheap too in Football Manager. I can't wait for 2009 to be released, just reading all the threads on here is getting me excited. I wish I'd got into the series earlier:(

Lol yeah the quality of the league isn't great as of yet, it is early days though and it seems to be developing pretty well, I guess the A-league is one league you don't manage in then lol. Although, Shane Smeltz and Daniel are are both pretty good players, they'd be really cheap too in Football Manager. I can't wait for 2009 to be released, just reading all the threads on here is getting me excited. I wish I'd got into the series earlier:(

Been playing since 05 myself, had to get 07 sent to me from the Uk but I managed to find 08 in Nz, mind you I bought the one and only copy the shop had ordered in :D

lol i feel so stupid right now .. i thought Jens Mustermann was a completely differente guy, i always wondered why i never heard of him especially him being like 39 years old or something .. damn kahn is fu**** crazy lol ..

There's a way to fix this so that it's Oliver Kahn in the Germany squad but wer're not allowed to tell you how so you'll have to look at some of the other FM sites or Google for more info.

Archived