FM07's issues and problems

I need a quick reminder as to what some of the problems and issues were with FM07. I'm not buying FM09 this year, basically because I thought FM09 wasn't that great and because I'm going to play FML. I own FM07 and FM08 right now, and I want to start up a long term game on one of them. The main problem I've had in FM08 is the crappiness of regens, but I don't remember if this was a problem in FM07 or not (it's been a while)

So what were the issues with FM07, since I seem to have forgotten everything FM07 related

IIRC, which probs mean I ain't got it correct, they weren't that good in 07 either, think the issue with regens 1st became apparent, for me, in 07

I will say though in my defence, I haven't played 07 for almost a year so if I'm caught out as spreading yet more erroneous information on here, I am sorry

On 7.0.2, injuries. Overwhelming number and severity. And I've got a neat little training sched I developed myself for 08, which both develops players and lowers their training intensity. Using that sched I got through a season with zero injuries longer than two weeks (in FM08). I slapped the same one into an 07 game, by day 2 I was getting slipped discs and torn calf muscles. FM08 really has the injuries balance done well.

On the flipside, 08 features overdone player skill degeneration as they hit 30.

A lot of injuries, so much so that I think they are contagious sometimes. Especially losing several players at the same position at the same time (I've had five strikers out simultaneously before). But I've had no complaints about regens. Lots of quality there.

Archived