ex-player staff

this thread is inspired by mike7707's post in the 'worst transfers' thread RE: Del Piero being a coach in his game.....

what ex-players do you have as managers, coaches, scouts etc in your game?

at the moment i have kevin phillips, ginfranco zola and ray parlour. been trying to get ryan giggs for a while too but he wont come due to the rivalry with his favourite team, man u.

also, di canio is the new qpr manager on my game which i found pretty funny.

My Man. United team has the likes of Brian McClair, Mike Phelan and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer from before I arrived. So far, Ryan Giggs has retired and become a coach with us. I wanted Edwin van der Sar and Paul Scholes to do the same, but they simply evaporated following retirement. Gary Neville is still playing for Coventry at 36, but I hope to make him my assistant manager when he retires.

Can't remember off-hand in FM08, but my favourite was in FM06 when I signed an ageing Patrik Berger for my then Conference side Whitley Bay. Unfortunately he only played for one season (scoring something like 25-30 goals, loads from freekicks and penalties), inspiring us to promotion. He could have easily played for another season or two because he was total class at that level, but he chose to retire. Happily though he did his coaching badges and became my Assistant Manager all the way up to the Premiership.

Theres quite a few on my game here are some of them.

Freddie Ljungberg is the manager of the Sweden U-20s and Hull City.

Andy Johnson is manager of Stafford.

Robbie Savage manages Scunthorpe.

Johnathan Woodgate coached Wycombe and now manages Doncaster.

Ben Thatcher manages Brentford.

Puyol is a youth coach at Valencia.

Raul is same at Real Sociedad.

Ignashevich is also a youth coach at Bolton.

Damien Duff is an unemployed Assistant Manager.

Kevin Phillips is Walsall manager.

Fabricio Coliccini is still a player but wants to become a manager.

Daniele De Rossi also wants to become a manager but is still a player, his bars are full for coach, assitant and manager so looks like he will do something.

this thread is inspired by mike7707's post in the 'worst transfers' thread RE: Del Piero being a coach in his game.....

what ex-players do you have as managers, coaches, scouts etc in your game?

at the moment i have kevin phillips, ginfranco zola and ray parlour. been trying to get ryan giggs for a while too but he wont come due to the rivalry with his favourite team, man u.

also, di canio is the new qpr manager on my game which i found pretty funny.

Is that Paolo or Luigi di Canio though?

Archived