A FM 05 bug-for those with good memories

I never got into my FM08 game and ended up back on this, but despite being fully patched it has been hit a bug, not very serious but annoying. At the end of last season I left Charlton for Real Madrid. I thought something was wrong as I was annouced as resigning from Charlton and then being hired by Madrid in seperate messages rather than the usual message of me leaving Charlton for Madrid. The problem is and was for the next season Charlton never hired a manager and the posistion was never advertised in the Job Centre. The club can't sign players but seem to accept all bids and can't renew contracts, so they are now down to four first team players. Due to the poor standard of the league and a very talented assisant manager, they actully managed to finish forth last season but I'd still be grateful if anyone could tell me how to remedy this.

I've already tried appionting another human manager then retiring him, which didn't work. I've also applied for the job myself with no reply. The situation arrose earlier in the game when I left another club (Sunderland) but ressolved itself after on season, its now nearly two full seasons since I left with no change at Charlton.

No solution i'm afraid, but the bug does sort itself out once Charlton get relegated to whatever league you took them over in.

Then they will hire a new manager and start buying players.

This happened to my Brentford team in my current save.

They continued and won the league and CL the year after I left, but in the fourth season after my departure, they were relegated, with only three players in the team.

Two years later they were back in the top flight, and within 10 years of me leaving, they wre champions again...

So they can recover, depending on how far they have to fall.

I don't know how to fix the problem though.

Thanks, that makes sense, was why Sunderland recovered after a season as they got relegated. I had Rene Menelusten (sp?) as my assistant though and he has near perfect managerial stats so his now holding the club mid-table in the preimership with the under 19's and 4 first teamers. Already through to second round of Champions League as well. They had about 40 million in the bank when I left and have since slashed the wage bill and sold nearly 70 million worth of players so the new manager should have some funds anyway.

Is something a little odd about it, made me feel like the footballing angel of death, a mangerial Peter Ridsdale.

I also went back to playing 05 after not really being satisfied with 08. I don't really enjoy team talks and all that. I'd rather just pick a line-up and a tactic and away we go.

I guess it's the lazy, low-hassle Yank in me...

I also went back to playing 05 after not really being satisfied with 08. I don't really enjoy team talks and all that. I'd rather just pick a line-up and a tactic and away we go.

I guess it's the lazy, low-hassle Yank in me...

I rarely do team talks my self, they are just set to assistant handles team talks. Pretty straight forward... and you can turn off the match day experience as well in options if you don't want that.

Archived