Anyone else watch the full match?

I love it, I move the match speed a couple away from full and sit back for a 20 minute game. I suppose I have kind of evolved from key, then extended and now I've switched to full.

I want to know if I'm the only person who watches every game, even friendlies, on full? There has to be another one out there.

I do, except for the friendlies. It's one of the most important aspects of the game is the match engine and been able to tactically outwit the CPU. I found that when testing FML live people wanted to play the games on hyperspeed and to me, it defeats the object. I would rather focus on getting a good month in on FM the time people take to do a season.

About 50-50 atm, I chop and change depending on how important up coming matches are and also depending on what kind of game I am playing, for instance if I am in EPL with a rich club, I will tend to only watch highlights, but for LLM I, more often than not, watch the full game as tactics matter more at lower levels, for me anyways

I have to say I am suprised that some people are like me. I thought I was just weird. It's funny actually, a while ago I said to myself, "I'll just put it on full for 1 match and see how it goes" and now I can't change it back. Just feels wrong.

in older versions i would just leave it on key but since returning to FM for the first time in about 3 years with FM07 i have found i want to watch the game at around the same pace as you. a game might take 20 minutes to get through but i thinik its worth it as you do get to see what is going on and how certain players are doing. are they making the runs but not getting the ball or are they just lazy and not moving around. was the goal likly tocome because X was a constant threat or was it a fluke. its all important to know and i dont think i could go back now.

I'm between the two as I like the tactical tweaking with watching a full match but my slow machine means I have to stick with lower to get far into the game which I enjoy (the evolution of clubs, regens etc.). At the moment the 'big picture' wins as I tend to watch a few matches to develop some tactics and then switch to commentary only when I'm reasonably comfortable with when and where to switch up.

Unfortunately with arrows apparently a thing of the past on FML/FM 09 my commentary only approach may be dead as the easiest way of judging what the AI is doing has been removed (442 No Arrows, Short Farrow, Long Farrow, Barrow on MC).

Personally I feel that watching the full match is a waste of time because most of it is irrelevant.

The only relevant bits of action are the key highlights and maybe at a push the extended highlights. These are the bits of the game that give an insight into how goals are being scored/missed.

Ever notice how there is no injury time if you watch the full match? And how so many sequences of play are frankly rubbish? Says it all really - its fake!

I always watch my important matches in full match mode.

Every other match I just speed through with commentary only. I don't like taking forever to do one season, and I enjoy scouting and signing good unknown players anyway, so this gets me to the transfer windows faster.

I am a coach who likes to know the ins and outs of his team at all levels so I play the first team game on full highlights whilst playing the reserves games and under 18's games on extended or key, depending on my mood.

I also go watch other teams play a lot to get idea's on potential signings.

The cons are that it takes a long time to do anything but I normally start my games in January, so I don't have to get through the horrible first pre season.

The pros are that I basically know every player in my team very well. I know there strengths and weaknesses, and it helps me build a successful side. Watching my youth teams play also lets me see who needs to step up to reserves and who needs to step up to the first team, and who has not future at the club. I also know well the styles of the teams I play against as well as well as strengths and weakness's of players behind the stats

am i right in saying if you dont watch the full match your tatics dont take full effect well thats the feeling i get. in fact ive gone off fm08 a bit now because of how long it takes to do one match id love to speed it up a tad but it just doesnt feel right

It's not that your tactics won't work properly, or whatever, if you don't watch the full match, it is just easier to see where things are going wrong and therefore makes it easier to pinpoint mistakes in the tactic or player choice

Once I have the team I want and the tactics I want, I start watching full matches. Before then it can be too painful to watch match after match of circus-like antics from my tiddly-winks

I'm the opposite, I use the full match to create and tweak my tactics then switch to just highlights once I've got it sorted.

I started a thread like this asking the same question quite a few months ago, also thinking there must be very few people who watch the full match. I watch key or extended highlights at most clubs I manage, but at Werder Bremen I have watched ~75+% of matches in my last 2½ seasons in full match mode just because I love to watch the team play and I set up my tactics to play a particular style of football which is pretty pointless if you aren't then going to watch it!

As for injury time, I get plenty of it, especially when I am winning :p

The only thing that spoils it is team talks which totally destroy far too many games, especially when you are > 2-0 up at half time. So often I watch an effervescent and sily attacking performance in the first half with lots of goal chances and we go in 3-0 or 4-0 up at half time. Then I want my players to go out and do exactly the same in the second half and instead I just watch 45 minutes of total dross because of the team talk and it usually finishes either 4-0 or 4-1.

I'm the opposite, I use the full match to create and tweak my tactics then switch to just highlights once I've got it sorted.

I find that I don't get enough useful information until my team has gelled a bit. The results are too inconsistent. I do focus on morale and team talks though, to build that cohesion. I play a tactic that is fairly conservative, consistent, and of the same form as I hope to use throughout the season (IE a 4-4-2 if a 4-4-2). About 10-15 games in I'll usually see a change in the team cohesion according to the Ass. Man., at which point I step in and start tweaking.

Of course, that is only the first season at a team. Full match is very useful, and not unpleasant when you've gotten the idea that your players are doing what you would want them to do.

As you said Suge, I sort of evolved from extended to full match and then I couldn't help watching every match in full until I realised it was taking me ages to get through seasons and now I only watch big games in full and the others in extended.

I can't get through a season fast enough so I watch as little as I have to. The games are basically a slight diversion between transfer windows.

This. Although I'd adjust the word "diversion" to "annoyance".

Can we get a "instant result" button yet :)

This. Although I'd adjust the word "diversion" to "annoyance".

Can we get a "instant result" button yet :)

Please no. How can you manage a football team without watching the game? Defeats the whole point of the game, you can buy and sell players on FIFA 08, and either skip the games completely or play them out yourself. I just don't understand, even preseason games are useful to see how young players fit in with the first XI for example.

Anyway, on topic, I only really watch the big games in full, it is enjoyable too. Most league games, about 75% lets say, I will watch the key highlights with match stats on, you can get a fairly decent idea of what is happening like that without spending ages. I do that pre-season too.

Archived