Captains - Removing?

Sorry but I don't fully understand. Are you saying that there is no remove button for the captain & vice captain like there is for captain 3, 4, 5 etc? Or are you saying that the only two choices on the drop-down list are your current captains?

Removing the 3rd captain down is just the same as removing a freekick taker.

I found one really annoying issue at Scunthorpe though when selecting my captain. I had a long list of almost my entire squad, but the one man I wanted to be club captain wasn't in the list when I was asked to select my captain for the season. Strangely, at that exact same moment he did apear in the captains list on the tactics screen so I selected him there, but was forced to simultaneously select someone else on the main screen news item. That guy was listed as my captain, but the players reactions were all to the other guy that I had selected on the tactics screen despite the fact that he had now been replaced there also by the captain I selected in response to the news item. Then, ever since then the guy I really want as captain has not appeared in the drop down list so he couldn't even be vice captain either!

How can I remove the captains I selected? 2 of them have no option to remove....I would like to start afresh.

Thanks

Do you mean the captain and vice captain you selected at the start of the season? If so there is nothing you can do to change this until the start of the next season when your asked to select your captain and vice captain.

Do you mean the captain and vice captain you selected at the start of the season? If so there is nothing you can do to change this until the start of the next season when your asked to select your captain and vice captain.

Actually, you can change captains through the tactics screen like I said before :)

How can I remove the captains I selected? 2 of them have no option to remove....I would like to start afresh.

Thanks

Actually, you can change captains through the tactics screen like I said before :)

You can add to the list and then remove these new additions if you want but you cant remove the captain and vice captain you selected at the start of the season. I've just tried and you cant remove them during a season once they've been selected.

You can add to the list and then remove these new additions if you want but you cant remove the captain and vice captain you selected at the start of the season. I've just tried and you cant remove them during a season once they've been selected.

Oh right sorry now I understand :thup:

You can change them through the tactics screen.

You can change them through the tactics screen.

Yeah but I think what he's trying to say is that there's no remove button beside the chosen captain & vice-captain, like there is beside choice 3, 4, etc. If he's not trying to say that, then I don't have a clue what he's on about :D

How exactly?

In the tactics screen, go to the menu where team instructions/player instructions and so on are and select captains so the captains pane appears. The first 2 captains on the list are your captain and vice-captain. Beside their name there is an arrow and if you click on it a drop down list appears of all the available people you can put as captain/vice-captain to replace the current one.

In the tactics screen, go to the menu where team instructions/player instructions and so on are and select captains so the captains pane appears. The first 2 captains on the list are your captain and vice-captain. Beside their name there is an arrow and if you click on it a drop down list appears of all the available people you can put as captain/vice-captain to replace the current one.

There is no arrows on my captain\vice captain. I am almost 100% certain that you cant change a captain\vice captain mid seaon. I know you can add to the list but to make your 3rd or 4th choice captain\vice captain the original selections would have to be removed from your match day squad and what would be the point of that?

I am 100% certain you can change captain mid-season because I've almost done it - at least I got as far as the message telling me that all hell might break lose if I choose to go ahead with this change so I chickened out and didn't bother, but had I confirmed my proposed change it would have gone ahead.

There is no arrows on my captain\vice captain. I am almost 100% certain that you cant change a captain\vice captain mid seaon. I know you can add to the list but to make your 3rd or 4th choice captain\vice captain the original selections would have to be removed from your match day squad and what would be the point of that?

I am certain you can. I did it once after I made a mistake by picking a too inexperienced captain in the first place.

Archived