Quick Question

RAM isn't the only issue.

- processor (most important in my opinion)

- detail level

- league playable or view only (affects database size)

- hard drive where FM stores cache files

- hard drive due to use of virtual memory

Add in that 'slow' is subjective and the only way to find out is to test it yourself.

Post your specs and maybe someone with a similar setup will post.

So many variables, but here's my personal example:

- Dell laptop (about 2 years old)

- AMD 2.0ghz (single core processor)

- 2 GB RAM

- don't recall HD speed off the top of my head

My current save is in its 7th season. I am playing with a large++ database (large d.b. + about 30 other countries loaded), detail levels low except for the league I'm in. I have 9 active leagues in 6 nations. The game runs smoothly and with a very comfortable speed.

As a frame of reference, last night I set up a game with 17 playable leagues in 9 nations and it ran, but slowly. Playable, but slower than I would be comfortable with over a long game. I've found that season 2 is a better indicator of the sim speed. It tends to slow just a bit in seasons 2+.

I'm always interested to hear specifics about others' PC specs and performance.

My computer has 3.25 GB of RAM and i would like to know what is the maximum number of leagues i can run without the game slowing down rapidly?

You don't say what type of processor you are using but on my machine I have a core2 duo with a simillar amount of ram and can run 25 leagues at a very good speed (well for me anyway). Remember though that no matter how good your computer is the game will slow down eventually especially with saving\loading as the file gets bigger.

My computer has 3.25 GB of RAM and i would like to know what is the maximum number of leagues i can run without the game slowing down rapidly?
You don't say what type of processor you are using but on my machine I have a core2 duo with a simillar amount of ram and can run 25 leagues at a very good speed (well for me anyway). Remember though that no matter how good your computer is the game will slow down eventually especially with saving\loading as the file gets bigger.

Sorry I should have looked more carefully. I see that you did say what type of processor you have. :o

Archived