2 very disturbing things

1. I am currently playing with Levski Sofia in my 5th season. Last season I played in the CL group stages with Lazio Shakhtar and Sevilla. In the end Lazio were first and Levski, Sevilla and Shakhtar finished with 7 points. It appears that 3 teams with equal points is too much for the game to cope with and it just randomly arranges the teams. Here are all the results:

Levski - Lazio 1-3

Sevilla - Shakhtar 0-1

Shakhtar - Levski 2-2

Lazio - Sevilla 1-1

Sevilla - Levski 3-1

Shakhtar - Lazio 0-1

Levski - Sevilla 0-2

Lazio - Shakhtar 3-1

Lazio - Levski 2-3

Shakhtar - Sevilla 1-0

Levski - Shakhtar 2-0

Sevilla - Lazio 0-1

The final standings were Lazio; Shakhtar; Sevilla; Levski, which doesnt make any sense. Uefa uses goal difference between the teams involved as a tie breaker which means that Sevilla should be second Shakhtar, third. However, even if total goal difference is used the standings should be Lazio Sevilla Levski Shakhtar. If anybody can explain it would be great.

2. The second thing is that I want to sign the player Frejlach from Slovan Liberec (again with Levski). his contracts expires on 30.6.2012. Currently its 22.1.2012 but I cant seem to approach him. Is it a bug or is there an explanation?

I don't know about the first problem but for the second problem - there may be rules in the league that you are trying to sign the player from. I know that for Premiership players, you are not allowed to offer them a contract until they have 6 weeks left on their deal. Maybe that league has rules like that.

Yes, between three teams. If you look at those results, and consider a mini-table consisting only of the matches between Levski, Sevilla, and Shakhtar .. you'll see Shakhtar with 7 points, Sevilla with 6, and Levski with 4.

Which matches the order you've stated that the game selected.

(Apologies for the simul-post)

It goes on head-to-head results. Basically to decide the order remove the points got against Lazio from each team. It means Shakhtar got 7 points, Sevilla 6 and Levski 4 so it is right.

For your 2nd question there are sometimes rules where you have wait until around a month is only left on his contract before you sign them. That could be the reason.

If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group

matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings:

a) higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the

teams in question;

b) superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams

in question;

c) higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches

played among the teams in question;

d) superior goal difference from all group matches played;

e) higher number of goals scored;

f) higher number of coefficient points accumulated by the club in question,

as well as its association, over the previous five seasons