Home grown players screen

yeah i wouldnt mind it in, always have problems workin out who is and who isnt.... having said that, i think it must depends on the league you're playing in. currently managin in Belgian d2, and, because of the rules in that lg about homegrown players, most of my squad have it next to their names...

yeah i wouldnt mind it in, always have problems workin out who is and who isnt.... having said that, i think it must depends on the league you're playing in. currently managin in Belgian d2, and, because of the rules in that lg about homegrown players, most of my squad have it next to their names...

Well right now I'm in preseason and doing a clear out of my squad, but I don't want to get into a situation where I clear out too many of my homegrown players that I have to replace first team players with Under 18 players just to meet the quota.

I'd broaden the scope of that screen a bit: we need a screen on which we can see the competition eligibility status of every player, both on our squad, and potential transfer targets .. for every competition my team is in.

For example, as Chelsea, I'm going to care about the home grown status of both my players and potential transfer targets. However, I also want to know who is Cup-tied for European or F.A. Cup play .. and later on, say, mid-October, I occasionally want to find out who I registered for Europe, when a rash of injuries has left me relying on whoever the 25th man was and I can't remember who I chose.

As L.A. Galaxy, I'm going to care about whether players are Senior International, Youth International, normal Senior players, or Developmental players .. whether they're on my squad, on another MLS squad, or a possible foreign transfer.

If I'm HNK Hajduk, I'm going to care about whether a player counts as a "Foreign" player or not for Croatian league play, as well as (hopefully) the European home-grown status and Cup-tied status.

The current implementation - where we get that status only for the next match - doesn't really work. For example, as L.A. Galaxy, in the offseason, my next match is a Friendly, but I'm doing all of the transfer work .. so I really need to know contract status for everyone, but it isn't displayed because its irrelevant for the Friendly. As Chelsea, even in October, I'm usually thinking ahead one match - I want to know who is eligible for Tuesday's C.L. match when I'm selecting players for the preceding Saturday's E.P.L. encounter.

So, I think we would want this screen to cover all competitions that the team is entered in for this season, with all status indicators for each competition.

Maybe it goes on the "Contract Status" page? So we get, maybe: Player, position, eligibility, age, wage, expiration date, value? I'd put it there for leagues like MLS, where the player's league "slot" is a key component of their contract .. its also a pretty useful spot for it for making incoming transfers, as you're likely to use this page for comparing current wage / value / expiration date if you have multiple transfer targets you are comparing.

Alternately, it could be its own page, "Eligibility", with each competition that has limits listed .. or available via a drop-down. A little more detail, a little less usefully tied in to other data.

I'd broaden the scope of that screen a bit: we need a screen on which we can see the competition eligibility status of every player, both on our squad, and potential transfer targets .. for every competition my team is in.

For example, as Chelsea, I'm going to care about the home grown status of both my players and potential transfer targets. However, I also want to know who is Cup-tied for European or F.A. Cup play .. and later on, say, mid-October, I occasionally want to find out who I registered for Europe, when a rash of injuries has left me relying on whoever the 25th man was and I can't remember who I chose.

As L.A. Galaxy, I'm going to care about whether players are Senior International, Youth International, normal Senior players, or Developmental players .. whether they're on my squad, on another MLS squad, or a possible foreign transfer.

If I'm HNK Hajduk, I'm going to care about whether a player counts as a "Foreign" player or not for Croatian league play, as well as (hopefully) the European home-grown status and Cup-tied status.

The current implementation - where we get that status only for the next match - doesn't really work. For example, as L.A. Galaxy, in the offseason, my next match is a Friendly, but I'm doing all of the transfer work .. so I really need to know contract status for everyone, but it isn't displayed because its irrelevant for the Friendly. As Chelsea, even in October, I'm usually thinking ahead one match - I want to know who is eligible for Tuesday's C.L. match when I'm selecting players for the preceding Saturday's E.P.L. encounter.

So, I think we would want this screen to cover all competitions that the team is entered in for this season, with all status indicators for each competition.

Maybe it goes on the "Contract Status" page? So we get, maybe: Player, position, eligibility, age, wage, expiration date, value? I'd put it there for leagues like MLS, where the player's league "slot" is a key component of their contract .. its also a pretty useful spot for it for making incoming transfers, as you're likely to use this page for comparing current wage / value / expiration date if you have multiple transfer targets you are comparing.

Alternately, it could be its own page, "Eligibility", with each competition that has limits listed .. or available via a drop-down. A little more detail, a little less usefully tied in to other data.

i agree with this.. like you said make a page or something that has the eligibility of everyone who currently plays for you + also other teams (maybe on a scout report for this???)

Fine post Amaroq.

How about as a standard and useful squad page such as the 'selection' or 'general' options on the current squad page? As it is, the HG or FGN is in the same spot as SLT or UNH which makes no sense at all. But another couple of columns could make this work and keep max info on a single page r/e the whole squad, filterable of course.

Archived