Trying to add my own pics to a game???errr

RussHowe

I created myself and my brother as non-league players in the editor, and added photos to the documents>si>fm>graphics>facepacks> folder and then I changed their size to 180x180 which seems to be the size of most other pics in the game (?) and I used something I downloaded from sortitoutsi.net called 'fm graphics configurator' which I simply ran over the file I made and it created a config file for my photos.

THen i loaded FM08 and changed the setting to 'load skin on confirm' and my own photos are not showing up. Am I doing something wrong?

have you named the files with capital letters? If so get rid of them as the last time I messed with this it didn't seem to like capital letters and wouldn't pick up the file if there were any in it.

No I named the photos with the unique id of the players I made in the editor, 161449210 and 151339211. Are you supposed to name them as your players' names like? just surname or full name?

Could you post up the config file?

Uploaded it onto mediafire.com here's a link to it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f23f41d97e091f25d2db6fb9a8902bda

Soz before I put the wrong player ID's, the files I'm really wanting to work are 1394634212 and 1394634219

there are a few more pics in the file but these are the ones I'm really wanting to work.

thanks for any help you can provide mate

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- don't preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- picture mappings -->

<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions

in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any

place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics

files from the correct places

-->

<list id="maps">

<record from="NAME OF PICTURE" to="graphics/pictures/person/UNIQUE ID/portrait"/>

<record from="NAME OF PICTURE" to="graphics/pictures/person/UNIQUE ID/portrait"/>

</list>

</record>

That is what it should be. Copy and paste all the above and replace what is currently in the config file with it. Change NAME OF PICTURE to obviously the name of your picture and UNIQUE ID to the unique ID for the ingame person you want to use that picture for.

Hopefully that helps. :)

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- don't preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- picture mappings -->

<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions

in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any

place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics

files from the correct places

-->

<list id="maps">

</list>

</record>

That is what it should be. Copy and paste all the above and replace what is currently in the config file with it. Change NAME OF PICTURE to obviously the name of your picture and UNIQUE ID to the unique ID for the ingame person you want to use that picture for.

Hopefully that helps. :)

Yeah you have just completely sorted it out mate! Thanks a bunch it looks fantastic now!!!

• 2 months later...
If you want to add more than 2 pictures do you just add more of the

<record from="NAME OF PICTURE" to="graphics/pictures/person/UNIQUE ID/portrait"/> line to the config file ?

Yeah. Simple as that. :D Let me know if you get it working. :)

Archived