Good points of FM

There is too much negativity on these boards so I thought we should all take a time out and list the features that you most admire from FM.

For me I love the match engine. Barring a few bugs (which have been discussed thoroughly) I think it is just like being pitch side at a game yourself. Any goal is possible, any pass is possible, you don't get that awful scripting crap like you see in some management games *glances at EA*

I also think the scouting system is top notch. There is no greater feeling than finding a gem of a player in the Israeli leagues and then doing an Arsene Wenger and offering a pittance to take him. Then watching him knock 3 in on a Tuesday night at Plymouth is just a brilliant feeling.

i think si and all the people involved have made a really enjoyable game in football manager 2008 even with the bugs that people mention it makes for a enjoyable afternoon trying to keep your beloved team in the league with no money etc . the transfers are good i dont have any problems with the game at all. well dont si look forward to fm 2009. to the people complaining every 2 minutes they are only human and the amount of work they put into it im sure they dont really have a life sometimes. id like to see the others try make it better :) if there wasnt bugs in a game there wouldnt be patches and so forth to rectify them like we have patch 8.02 now is it ?? maybe they should have just stuck with patches 8.0 and then the people would really be whinging

I agree - and I like your post. Too often we dwell on the mistakes or shortcomings. FM's a fun game. Otherwise why would hundreds of us spend so many hours playing it, thinking about it, talking about it. Finding that young talent, a league cup underdog challenge, clinching promotion in the last game of the season. All good stuff.

I like the training, hated it when it was too simple, detested it when it was dailly - but now like goldilocks its just right, you can have a real impact on your players and not have to spend so much time on it that your brain hurts :) Also retraining players into new positions is great, I have lost count of the number of Brizilian DC I have made top scorer in the league as a new shiney traget man striker :)

Archived