Unfortunate Names

The Germans certainly are prolific in their unfortunate names, I had a young German on my shortlist and got a message in August with a very dodgy headline (I have a screeny at home and will post it tonight) off the top of my head I can't remember which one it was, but it was one of these.

"McPolin turns to Kum"

"McPolin chases Kum"

I considered legal action.

The Germans certainly are prolific in their unfortunate names, I had a young German on my shortlist and got a message in August with a very dodgy headline (I have a screeny at home and will post it tonight) off the top of my head I can't remember which one it was, but it was one of these.

"McPolin turns to Kum"

"McPolin chases Kum"

I considered legal action.

!!, I couldn't stop laughing, i was intrested in a player called Dic at one point and my manager name was "some man". As childish it may be, i couldn't stop laughing at "Man Wants Dic". :D

Well, there's David Goodwillie, the reason that was hilarious though, was ... not thinking of the consequence, I declared interest to get the news item - "WILLIAMS WANTS GOODWILLIE!" At the time - it was hilarious!!

Their manager didn't want to sell ... and quickly responded with "HANDS OFF GOODWILLIE!"

Very amusing!

in 03/04, I bought a guy (complete rubbish) from Fiji just because, well, he was from Fiji and I thought it was funny. Nearing the end of the season, I had so many injuries and suspensions that I had to put him on first 18. Eventually I had another injury and he was the only player with similar position. The comment line was: "Duncan Round, can turn things around"

in an old FM ive seen Darren Bent join liverpool to the headline "Liverpool get Bent"

i also saw a player called Gang Wang...rather immaturely i gave him the Edited nickname Gang Bang...only to see middlesborough buy him and the headline a few years later "Middlesborough seal Gang Bang deal". Being immature...i thought this was hilarious.

On FM08 i had a player come through my Ipswich Academy called Wan Ka Chun.

If you look at the editor theres actually quite a few with very unfortunate surnames. I found a Hong Kong player with the surname Sh*t and a Brazilian with the name F*cks!

I've got a youth team player called something like Nicola Di Nicola at the moment. I also had a player called King once, and I got one of those headlines that uses the players surname, and it said King King.

As for other names I've seen there's D'Acunto and Argelico F**ks.

Archived