Contract Negotiations

Hi All,

I had a strange issue today, and not sure if it is a bug or not, but let me tell you what happened.

One of my players was coming up to the end of their contract and these were his demands:

Basic Wage £200

Appearance Fee £200

Assist ?? (not important for this)

So, when i selected him as a key player, i could offer him upto £500 wage and only £110 appearance fee. Sure enough, he declined the offer as appearance fee was too low. Anyhow, since i could not put this up, i gave him £100 extra on his wage. This is now a £10 over his demands at a combined level, Which was again rejected as the appearance fee was too low.

Surley anyone would accept a higher wage over a higher appearance fee as even if they didn't play they get more? I even tried £350 basic but still rejected.

then i found that if i put him as a hot prospect or decent player, i could offer the £200 appearance fee and then still £200 wage which he accepted. So he refused more money basic to have money if he plays.

Just seems daft to me.

yeah its been brought up before that the players dont recognise some parts of the contract have been tweaked to make of for deficiencies in other parts. either that needs to change, or you need to be able to tell the player you're already offering the most you can give him

another problem is signing on fees, i read somewhere that the players don't really care about them, so i haven't used them ever since, and probably saved myself 20-30 mil over 3 seasons :D

and thats a problem?! :p

Archived