Is it possible to change league reputation?

Say for example a team from The Faroe Islands qualified for the group stages of the Champions League, would that increase the chances of better players moving to the Faroese league? I've never actually managed a team in a poor league long enough to see if it works but it would be really cool if it did.

That kinda sucks as in reality in some strange way a team from some poor country repeatedly did well in the champions league players would want to move t that team in order to do well in that competiton. It may take for example 10 years of repeatedly making the semi final to achieve this but it would be possible.

Or am I think about this to literally?

This is one of the things that I would list as a "much change" for the next version of Football Manager. For instance, 5 years ago, the Scottish League's reputation was no-where near as high as it is now, yet Rangers and Celtic have not won a European competition (granted both have been to UEFA cup finals).

The reputation of the Italian leagues has dropped over the last few years (though not very far), certainly the Belgian leagues have dropped in quality and reputation (they no longer are frequently good in the Champions League for instance).

Certainly over the last few years the Premier League has improved in reputation above Spain.

Now, in game, it may take years for the Faroe Islands to improve their rep, but the point is, the lower down the chain you go, the easier to improve your rep should be. So, if a team from the Faroe Islands got the group stage of the UEFA cup or Champions League for example, the reputation of the league should increase. Similarly, if English teams failed to progress in Europe consistently, their rep should drop off quite quickly.

This is one of the things that I would list as a "much change" for the next version of Football Manager. For instance, 5 years ago, the Scottish League's reputation was no-where near as high as it is now, yet Rangers and Celtic have not won a European competition (granted both have been to UEFA cup finals).

The reputation of the Italian leagues has dropped over the last few years (though not very far), certainly the Belgian leagues have dropped in quality and reputation (they no longer are frequently good in the Champions League for instance).

Certainly over the last few years the Premier League has improved in reputation above Spain.

Now, in game, it may take years for the Faroe Islands to improve their rep, but the point is, the lower down the chain you go, the easier to improve your rep should be. So, if a team from the Faroe Islands got the group stage of the UEFA cup or Champions League for example, the reputation of the league should increase. Similarly, if English teams failed to progress in Europe consistently, their rep should drop off quite quickly.

This is what I was trying to say, I just can't explain myself lol :-p

Money should be number 1 reason for all players to move , not only in football but in other sports as well best / very good players are moving to eastern Europe/ middle east because of the wages there.

Faroe teams can win CL for 20 times in the raw but they will never be able to offer big money to anyone.

International competitions should influence laegue ratings (national team also should have an influence but smaller, that should have more influence on the players value)

If the league rating goes up, the sponsors will follow.

if there are better sponsors better salaries can be paid to better players.

Archived