Football Manager 2009

September is coming and Sports Interactive have not published anything about the new series of FM. There are so many rumours about this delay and I'm trying not to beleive them. At least guys make an announcement!!!

We know it's exciting and we all want details too, but SI have been adamant about late August for some time now and people, such as yourself, making thread after thread is not going to make any difference, we are all anxious for news but please try to be a bit more patient

• SI Staff
I think he may be referring to some peoples theories about 09 and FML competing with one another? Could be wrong though

You aren't. I have my foam rocket launcher constantly aimed at the FML guys on the other side of the office. ;)

• SI Staff
rumours about the delay... there are in almost every fm fan site.. I'm not asking for anything big- just an announcement

Well what are the rumours then? I don't tend to read many of the fan sites.

We have stuff planned for the announcement and all the asking in the world isn't going to make it happen any faster I'm afraid.

Hey I'm not gonna to report anythink- it's your job not mine - little research. And I don't care about these. I care about the game. and in the end you could have published an announcement explaining the reasons of the delay. Don't play with words.

• SI Staff
Hey I'm not gonna to report anythink- it's your job not mine - little research. And I don't care about these. I care about the game. and in the end you could have published an announcement explaining the reasons of the delay. Don't play with words.

It's not my job at all. You are the one coming on here talking about rumours then not saying what they are. Why would we publish an announcement about a delay when there is no delay? :confused:

What delay :confused:

There is no delay. They said the end of August and there is still a few more days left in August.

What delay are you talking about? SI are exactly on the schedule they said they would be

And little word to the wise, getting a bit narky with people on here won't help you that much, specially when it is directed at Ter or any other member of SI

ok sorry my fault- there is no delay at all- sorry for opening a thread like this. I have nothink to do at nights and i open threads like these. It's is everythink in my imaginatons. CU!

I'm confused about two things. Firstly, this delay that there has supposedly been. What delay? And secondly, the bit where the original poster says he's not asking for anything big, just an announcement. That's about as big as it gets!

ok sorry my fault- there is no delay at all- sorry for opening a thread like this. I have nothink to do at nights and i open threads like these. It's is everythink in my imaginatons. CU!

You do this regularly?

I'm talking anout the delay of the anouncement. There is no delay at all in the game. In Football manager 2008- Sports Interactve and Sega had published their plans (not features) for the new series of FM around 25/7/2007 (you can find that with a little research). Now, it's 25 of August we don't know anythink officially about the game. That's the delay I'm talking about.

I'm talking anout the delay of the anouncement. There is no delay at all in the game. In Football manager 2008- Sports Interactve and Sega had published their plans (not features) for the new series of FM around 25/7/2007 (you can find that with a little research). Now, it's 25 of August we don't know anythink officially about the game. That's the delay I'm talking about.

So your saying that the delay is that the game is being announced later than last year? If you had taken a couple of minutes to have look at some other threads on this forum, you would have seen that SI said for a long time that the end of August is when they will announce FM09, so therefore, there is no delay, as such, it is just being announced later on than it has previously been done

• SI Staff

Because that's what the marketing plan is this year.

We announced FM 2005 on 12th February 2004 so going on that, every FM game since has been late ;)

I bet some people will log on at 00:01 on Sept 1st and start moaning about delays.

That's pretty much a guarantee, although I can't see SI stalling past the end of August, not after the past few weeks when they have been absolutely adamant that info will come then

Archived