Close finish

it could go down to head-to-head if it's equal can't it?

I don't think that happens in the English Premier League. If Goal Difference is level then it goes to Goals Scored and if that is also level then there is playoff between the teams. I think that is how it works.

Step 1 -Points

Step 2 - Goal Difference

Step 3 - Goals Scored

Step 4 - If something is at stake(relagation, qualification for Europe, title) then it goes to a play-off match at a neutral venue.

Step 5 - If it doesnt matter, the teams are said to tie the place in the table, e.g. both will get 11th.

Step 1 -Points

Step 2 - Goal Difference

Step 3 - Goals Scored

Step 4 - If something is at stake(relagation, qualification for Europe, title) then it goes to a play-off match at a neutral venue.

Step 5 - If it doesnt matter, the teams are said to tie the place in the table, e.g. both will get 11th.

With sharing the place... With prize money, what happens?

If both got 11th place's money the league would be short. Do they get half of 11th and half of 12th's money each?

If both got 11th place's money the league would be short. Do they get half of 11th and half of 12th's money each?

i would say so.... i dont think it would make that muuch of a difference anyway as the prize money for most of the midtable finishes would be very similar, if not the same

i would say so.... i dont think it would make that muuch of a difference anyway as the prize money for most of the midtable finishes would be very similar, if not the same

It's not the same. 11th would get 500k more than 12th.

I would guess that the prize money for 11th and 12th are added up and then both teams share the total.

Archived