So ive gone to Russia

i played a couple of seasons with zenit. Since you are one of the bigger teams, you can pretty much (after a couple of seasons) gain a monopoly on all the young talent coming out of russia which is a must since most of the players who come through are pretty poor. This will enable you to have your 6 russian players all good and young which is a bonus so you can fill the rest of your team with experienced or young players (these guys will becomes russian after 7 years or something so buy when they are made as regens at the age of 16). Also, if you find a good russian goalie, BUY HIM. IT is a big bonus to have your goalie as a russian player imo. I think zenit has a goalie who you could potentially buy, malafeev i think his name is. Also there other goalie, contofalski only has a couple of years till he gets his russian citizenship.

Players like jiminez and zarate are willing to come to you so buy them on the cheap early on and then when bigger clubs come calling you can fetch 10-15mil each for them which is good money to spend on young russians ;)

hope that helps

tell me if you need to know anything else

edit: also arrange friendly's against big clubs during your winter break to generate some money and to keep match fitness. And if you are in europe dont forget it is neccisary to have match fitness for the games which are in your off season so keep playing friendlies throughout the break. IIRC it is only the last couple of group stage games (in the cl) which are effected so if you have qualified for the next round already you dont hae to keep your players as fit in the off season. Also remember, there are no restrictions for the number of nationality starting players for european games. I find that its sometimes worth it to have about 15 players who are not russian and 10 players who are in your cl squad (the 10 players to cover HG status etc). Even though all those 15 players wont be able to start every league game, you can rotate them throughout. Afterall, europe will be your major source of income if you qualify for it :)

Archived