FM09 Paranoia

There seems to be a lot of panic on the forum about the new release of FM. Surely it makes sense for SI to release the game on or as soon after the transfer deadline. This means people get the game as up to date as possible and there is a large enough gap before the end of the next transfer deadline in january to create another up to date patch that fix's the bugs found during that time.

So we'll spend from september to december as testers, getting to know the ropes and should hopefully have a fully operational game by (Late)January 2009.

• SI Staff

A lot of people don't realise that as soon as the clock strikes midnight on 31st August (or 1st September this year) that the game is magically up to date and instantly available in shops. It would be great, but it's just not possible for a number of reasons.

It's a mammoth effort to co-ordinate all the research then get the updated data received back from the researchers, checked over and up and running in the game. Then there has to be some time for testing of the data to ensure that all the leagues are functioning correctly. Just one error in the data can screw up an entire league and cause it not to be available in the game as I'm sure a lot of you have found out when messing around with the editor.

It takes another 3-4 weeks from gold master status until the game is available in the shops as well.

don't read it or reply to it if annoys you so much, whats peoples beef with people posting similar things not everyone is on here all the time reading every threadn so you will get repeated issues, its not the end of the world, get over it. The post was more about the process involved in releasing the game to which i got a good response that made sense and i'd not considered from ter. Kinda validates the asking of the question

don't read it or reply to it if annoys you so much, whats peoples beef with people posting similar things not everyone is on here all the time reading every threadn so you will get repeated issues, its not the end of the world, get over it. The post was more about the process involved in releasing the game to which i got a good response that made sense and i'd not considered from ter. Kinda validates the asking of the question

Regular posters on here get annoyed about similar threads being made about FM09 because there are about 5-10 FM09 threads being made every day & some people can't even be bothered looking down the page to find a similarl thread or use the search function. I guess it doesn't bother you but it certainly bothers me.

But to be fair, this thread is different to the usual FM09 threads made on here, which is why it hasn't been closed by a mod yet :thup:

I apologize. My comment was more aimed at the inevitable responses than the original poster's comments. Any time one claims a date, a process, or an outcome, that poster is bombarded by the typical responses from both sides.

The original poster's comment regarding the past schedule from news, to release, to patches is a good comment. Really when one is looking at a patched game, we may be 5 months from it, if the past is anything to rely on. Was that the intended point?

(Guess it's still worth pushing through my FM'08 save game...)

end of october it will come out i think, was somthin liike 26th october last year right?, we have beta tests and demo's to come yet dont we?

Don't think there's any beta tests mate but a demo usually comes out late September/early October with the game out in mid-late October.

hopefully have a fully operational game by (Late)January 2009.

That's the funniest thing i've read on here for a while. It's farking fully operational off the shelf and perfectly acceptable too not to mention very enjoyable.

The only way it wouldn't be 'playable out of the box' would be if you snapped the ruddy disc.

A lot of people don't realise that as soon as the clock strikes midnight on 31st August (or 1st September this year) that the game is magically up to date and instantly available in shops.

I think this sentence didn't quite end up the same way it started. :p

Had the urge to start a new thread quoting this 'confirmed released date', but this will have to do. ^^

@buzzing hornet

it was a slightly tounge in cheek comment with a hint of sarcasm linked to the wait we normally have before the patch's have all been released and the game runs properly. You obviously missed that one though. I'll be clearer for you next time 8-)

Don't always need the patches for the game to run though.

Let's be honest, all it took was an ounce of common sense.

Yes it would make sense. Unfortunately what happens is it's released at the end of September, early October in a pretty bugged state. Then we get a couple of patches that make it playable but by now we're in the january window playing with the previous years June data. Then we'll get a final patch in mid February that includes the January window.

So we end up playing in Feb 09 with January 09s transfers, but the game starting in July 08. Meh.

VB - cynical old sod that he is.

i know, was using the term fully operational as in final release, after all patches. can see why people could misinterpret that, thought it was obvious though

To be honest the dev's and testers would probably miss out some key-bugs. Only because a hand full of testers actually test the game and then its up to us(the consumer) to report bugs in the Bugs Forums.

There will never be a game that comes out that doesnt need a single patch. Ever.

If there is, you can eat my ears.

To be honest the dev's and testers would probably miss out some key-bugs. Only because a hand full of testers actually test the game and then its up to us(the consumer) to report bugs in the Bugs Forums.

There will never be a game that comes out that doesnt need a single patch. Ever.

If there is, you can eat my ears.

theres a good reason for that as well. simply, the amount of variables SI can use when testing the games. look at all the different leagues people load on here, along with all the different detail settings etc etc etc... theres no way si could make the game perfect before releasing it... well, maybe they could but we'd just be getting 08's game in about 2012!

theres a good reason for that as well. simply, the amount of variables SI can use when testing the games. look at all the different leagues people load on here, along with all the different detail settings etc etc etc... theres no way si could make the game perfect before releasing it... well, maybe they could but we'd just be getting 08's game in about 2012!

Bugs will always exist, but they should at least fix those bugs that are reported. I don't wanna see old FM08, 07 or even 06 bugs still in the game. That is unacceptable IMO.

@buzzing hornet

it was a slightly tounge in cheek comment with a hint of sarcasm linked to the wait we normally have before the patch's have all been released and the game runs properly. You obviously missed that one though. I'll be clearer for you next time 8-)

Fair doos, my point still stands though :D

Archived