A Quick Guide to the Sign-ups

Title: The Eurovision Striking Contest – The Battle Begins!

Author: Walcott’s Wonderkids

Description: The forum users are incarnated as 18-year-old wonderkids, one for each European country. The sign-up follows the performances of these players, each being awarded points for international appearances, goals, etcetera, until one player wins the season’s league by doing the best for their national team

Title: Cove Bay Pirates/STI v. City Merchants/NTI – The Ultimate Rivalry

Author: DodgeeD

Description: The forum users become players for two rival island nations and two rival football clubs from these nations. The sign-up tracks the players and which team comes out on top in those heated derby matches.

Title: Create a Striker and Score Goals for a Small Country

Author: LokedOut420

Description: The sign-up follows forum users who play for some of the weakest nations on the international stage, and shows how their created players fare internationally and domestically.

Title: FMO8 A New World – Sign Up, AI Experiment & Challenge All in One

Author: Everton_3_0_Liverpool

Description: All players have been removed from the database: football has to start again. The forumites create players which are assigned to random nations and the sign-up follows how these super players do and how football worldwide recovers from being wiped clean.

Title: The Premiership Predictions League

Author: Robert_296

Description: Robert_296 holidays for a season posting the Premiership fixtures each week. It is then the job of the forumites to try and predict the scores as accurately as possible.

Title: The Apprentice: Football Manager Edition

Author: canvey!!

Description: In the format of the Apprentice, tasks are set in which the forumite managers want to do as well as possible. The objective could be anything of a number of performance-related objectives. Once the task finishes, three users are taken into the boardroom and their teammates have to vote for who gets fired, and leaves the sign-up.

Title: FM08: A Race Odyssey

Author: Whoopy D

Description: Two forumites are assigned to each SPL club, and Whoopy D reports on the players with a report in the style of Formula 1 Racing. At the end of each season the champions of the circuit are crowned.

Title: assman your way to glory

Author: mikeytwigge

Description: The forumites become the assistant managers of a club of their choice. mikeytwigge follows the careers of these assistants as they try to make it to the big time from lowly beginnings.

Title: Welcome to Gambler’s End – the home of Sporting Lisburn

Author: wisla_krakow

Description: A new Northern Irish team is created, and wisla_krakow follows the fortunes of the forumite players, and the club.

Title: Scotty’s Immediate Regen Sign Up and Experiment

Author: Scotty Walds

Description: There are no staff or players in the footballing world, and the forumites are incarnated as the newgens that the game creates to fill the void. Scotty Walds tracks the progress of his team, Boston United, and of these players who could be starting off anywhere in the world.

Title: Euro 2008…OOTP Style!

Author: wisla_krakow

Description: The forumites are in charge of the 16 clubs of the 2008 European Championships. The forumites then have to send wisla_krakow their squads and tactics for their matches in Euro 2008. As teams in the tournament get knocked out, so do the forumites, until there’s only one left…the Euro 2008 champion.

Title: Separation – Mallorca and Ibiza split from Spain

Author: Ridleys and Robert_296

Description: The islands of Mallorca and Ibiza have been reformed as both a club and a country. The forumites are players from Ibiza or Mallorca, but Ridleys is managing the club from Ibiza and the country of Mallorca and Robert_296 the club from Mallorca and the country of Ibiza. The sign-up follows the clubs, nations and players, and pits both of the authors against each other in some gripping rivalries.

Title: Can YOU become the most expensive player?

Author: glennuk

Description: 15 forumites became players who chose from a set of age, CA, PA and reputation variables. The sign-up follows these players who are trying to accumulate the greatest value combining all of their transfers, and tells us how the game reacts to high-potential but disloyal players.

Title: The rebirth of fmfan's Sega Championships Sign up!

Author: fmfan08

Description: 20 forumites input their own teams into the database as the Scottish League System is transformed. fmfan08 follows how these teams do against each other in the Sega Championships and against the world in European competition.

Title: super_lampard’s Champions League Sign-up

Author: super_lampard

Description: Each forumite is a 27-year-old striker at a club in the Champions League. super_lampard follows these players and they are scored as they compete for their team aiming towards that one goal. When the title is won, the game is restarted and the action happens all over again.

Title: The Arsenal FC regens sign-up

Author: ~Ian~

Description: Each year ~Ian~ gets a batch of new players through his Arsenal youth academy. The forumers can then lay claim to one of them to represent them. ~Ian~ keeps the forumers up to date with how the new Arsenal youth are doing, and every season the sign-up opens again for new forumers to claim a player.

Title: Rise of the Dragon – the Welsh Super League

Author: Man City Supporter

Description: Wales has split from Great Britain, and each of the newly-formed forumite clubs has chosen a number of players to play for it. Man City Supporter tracks the progress of these clubs and the nation as a whole with the influx of new talent.

Title: Can you be the man of FM08?

Author: neurospasm

Description: The forumite players compete to see how many man of the match awards they can accomplish in their career

Title: ssestig’s superleague sign-up

Author: ssestig

Description: The forumite teams compete in a superleague using real players from around the world.

Title: Welcome to the Dragon’s Den – the Chairmen’s Battle to the top of Scottish Football

Author: bermybhoy

Description: The forumites are Scottish Div. 3 chairmen who contributed their own business plan where they specified variables such as reputation and stadium size. With the Dragon’s cash, watch them bring their clubs to the pinnacle of Scottish football.

Title: World Striking Contest

Author: spartans5

Description: The forumites are competing against each other while being stationed at different mediocre clubs around the world.

Title: Adam C’s International European Managerial Contest

Author: Adam C

Description: Each forumite is a European manager hoping to bring their international side to glory competing against each other in the sign-up and in the Football Manager world.

Title: The Ultimate Defensive Partnership

Author: haza555

Description: Each forumite is a defensive partnership for a European nation. haza555 tracks how well the players work together to maintain an international strong defence.

Title: Our Home and Native Land

Author: Leaf_Fan_85

Description: Each forumite is a Canadian wonderkid starting in the depths of the MLS. In storytelling fashion, Leaf_Fan_85 describes how these players will salvage the Canadian national team.

Title: England’s underdogs sign-up

Author: mista T

Description: Each of the teams predicted bottom of every English league is given a quality player who it is hoped can save them from relegation

Title: The X Factor, FM Edition

Author: PaulHartman71

Description: The forumite players go through round by round in an X Factor style sign-up until one forumite wins the X Factor title and a £50kp/w contract at a Premier League club.

Title: Sign up – The “ANTI BANDITS”

Author: SCIAG

Description: The forumites are players at an awful team in the Premier League. SCIAG tracks whether the team will adapt and survive, or plummet down the English leagues in disgrace.

Title: roberto922’s Survivor: FM Edition

Author: roberto922

Description: Each forumite is a club from one of three groups, the Pirates, the Bandits or the Merchants. A task is set and the team must work together to accomplish it. Each season a further £50m is awarded and all forumers must decide which team gets what amount of the money.

Title: Pluckaduck’s All-American Managerial Contest

Author: Pluckaduck

Description: Following on from where the All American Managerial Contest finished, the American nations dish out points to each other based on their performances in the style of the Eurovision song contest.

Title: Create a Striker – Strengths and Weaknesses

Author: blowcrapup

Description: The forumites are players with strengths, but for every strength they have to have a weakness. Each one is assigned to a Premiership club and blowcrapup shows us how the players attempt to mask their weaknesses with their strengths.

Title: The CSE Forums Football Manager Fantasy Football

Author: Ridleys

Description: The basic idea is that each forumer gets a budget of £120 million to spend on a team consisting of 11 players. Ridleys plays the Premiership season and each player scores points for the fantasy football teams. The forumer with the most points at the end wins!

Title: It could be you...who's crap (again).

Author: Frazza Pee

Description: Instead of the forumites being wonderkids, they are given a random PA. This means that although they could be future stars, they could also be no talent wanabees who have no chance of making the big time. Frazza Pee follows the players as they find out whether they are destined for footballing stardom or will be rotting in the Rochdale Reserves. The original sign-up was posted by Ridleys and can be found here.

The Glossary

This sign-up is looking for forumers to join in. Bear in mind that this may be a continuous thing and you may have to wait to sign up. See the individual thread for more details.

This sign-up is underway and isn’t looking for new forumers. But you can still read along and post your comments.

This sign-up has finished but is still available for light entertainment and tips on how to run a sign-up

It looks highly likely that this sign-up has been abandoned by its creator.

It isn't known whether this sign-up is still going, but it is likely that the sign-up has been abandoned.

Forumite

A forum user put into digital form in the game as a club, player or member of staff. To help differentiate from Forumer, a forumite is not real.

Forumer

A real person on the forums.

And now, the D.I.Y. Part

Obviously I’ve compiled this list to the best of my knowledge. If you’re not happy with your description, PM me an alternative one and I’ll replace it. Try to keep it short as this is a quick guide and anyone wanting to know more can see your opening post. I’ll try to update the status of a sign-up as it changes but just in case I miss it, you can PM me the change. I’d prefer it if you don’t post in this thread for the sake of keeping it neat and organised.

Nice idea canvey!! :thup:

It wasn't really my idea. I noticed in dafuge's "Welcome to the CSE" sticky that one was needed so I made one. I believe we had one before the shift to the new software. In case you were wondering, the threads are ordered from number of replies from the time of writing this up, and new ones get tagged on the end. I'll probably delete the ones from this post that go dead for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest roberto922

Put my survivor sign up as unknown for now please, I've had a couple of niggling problems on it that I haven't had time to sort it out.

Archived