AssMan Rec Rating....

flipsix3

Afternoon guys, might be a daft question but I've done a (brief) search and can't find much that helps.

Been playing around with TP skins, and in one (Swite?) found a nice variation where the 'Rec' column from Assistant Reports was included in the defaul 'Selection' view on the squad page.

That's a really nice field, and I like the idea a lot, but I don't really get on with that skin as a whole.

So I guess what I'm looking for is

(1) Any other skins with that twist

(2) Ideas on how easy (or otherwise) it would be to achieve that in editing another skin (for instance the standard FM08 skin)

Appreciate I could be opening a whole can of worms, as a skinning novice, but just interested....

Hmmm, interesting

Followed the instructions through and added that one line, in an extact copy of the XML file within my User Data folder - fired FM up and the column was there :cool:

Then decided to make a couple of other tweaks - but result then was that I appeared to go back to the default view - and even going back to the first updated version seems to have no effect now - almost as if FM has decided to ignore the User Data folder.

Tried going into settings menu to force skin refresh etc - no dice

Anyone seen this before?

/Edit - this is without using any TP skin. just strange that it worked, then suddenly it didn't again

Apologies for random musings, but making "notes" here in case it helps, mainly for my own reference.

/edit: OK resolved the above issue, this was down to my locating of the amended 'panels.xml' file - had ended up with copies in both the FM08 game directory (in User Data sub folder) and within the My Documents FM08 folder (don't ask why/how!) and had deleted the wrong one.

So, got the customised .xml correctly located, but certain columns don't appear to want to work - maybe down to width isses? If a column will make the 'view' to wide for the window I'm assuming it will just not show?

Yeah, i see that, but I'm using the defaul skin - having just put "panels" folder in: my documents/sports interactive/football manager 2008 does work, I'm just now messing about with the "width -1" settings discussed in the thread linked above

Bingo :cool:

Thanks, Michael, for your direction.

Thanks, Miachael/Varuna for the work on column width modifiers, changing "flags" to "record" etc

Got exactly what I wanted now, within reason :)

The big problem, as I play windowed, was my hope of including the "full player info" column, which shows all of the 'Inj' 'Wnt' icons for each player - but that was just proving too wide and killed everything else, but I've got my "Rec" star rating, assists,

Yeah, i see that, but I'm using the defaul skin - having just put "panels" folder in: my documents/sports interactive/football manager 2008 does work, I'm just now messing about with the "width -1" settings discussed in the thread linked above

Just remember if you leave it there, it may apply to other skins you download (if they don't have their own file within their folder)

Archived