"Board consider manager's future"

it's not guaranteed.

have you performed below what they demanded or you said you would when getting your budget? if not then don't worry too much.

If you have, go to the board and ask for more time to build the squad. that should give you about half a season to turn it around. otherwise, I hope you like dog food coz your on welfare! ;)

it's not guaranteed.

have you performed below what they demanded or you said you would when getting your budget? if not then don't worry too much.

If you have, go to the board and ask for more time to build the squad. that should give you about half a season to turn it around. otherwise, I hope you like dog food coz your on welfare! ;)

Yes, unless Liverpool and Arsenal lose their last 3 or 4 games, I'll finish third place. Last year I finished 2nd (this is with Manchester United by the way)

I needed to win the Premiership by the end of the 2 year plan... but I don't think it will happen :(

They say overall they're satisfied... I don't know if that's enough though

Oh and also I said "title challenge" so is 3rd place good enough for that? I would think so

But then again I needed to win the League for that stupid 2 year plan lol

if you said title challenge you may have a chance but im not sure. as suggested above try asking fo rmore time... the worst that can happen is you get sacked which will probably happen anyway :D

if you said title challenge, 3rd should probably be good enough to keep your job. the media message means nothing though, dont be surprised to see it change i n a few days to them being worried you'll leave! overall, you should probably be safe. how did you do in other competitions??

if you said title challenge, 3rd should probably be good enough to keep your job. the media message means nothing though, dont be surprised to see it change i n a few days to them being worried you'll leave! overall, you should probably be safe. how did you do in other competitions??

just a quick question, does anyone know whether 'title challenge' is done on your end position or is it a certain amount of points off the leader???

just a quick question, does anyone know whether 'title challenge' is done on your end position or is it a certain amount of points off the leader???

okay lads - here's how it stands now.

2 games left to go in the league - I'm in 3rd place, can finish between 2nd and 4th. I have 81 points currently I believe.

Was knocked out of the Champions League quarterfinals

Lost FA Cup semi final (in extra time:()

knocked out in third round of League Cup

Lost the Community Shield

Lost the Super Cup on penalties! (to Liverpool! :mad:)

However I did manage to win the Club World Cup if that counts for anything

i reckon that should be about enough for you really. i wouldnt worry about them saying no to the requests, they often turn them down, even when you're meeting/exceeding their expectations. just wait it out, finish as high as you can, and see what happens. it can be the back end of june before they make their decision though, so be prepared for a nervous few weeks!

i reckon that should be abut enough for you really. try requesting a new contract, and see what the board say?? board room > make board request > request new contract, if you didnt know...

yes I've done it several time at first they wouldn;t consider it but now they say they're annoyed lol

Yeah you possibly annoyed them a bit to much. I have found that the majority of the time if you just let things go they will eventually offer you a ew contract. By pestering them however you have probably nailed shut your own coffin

hehe the board were just being ********. They soon changed their mind and were begging me to sign a new contract!

I'm glad to hear that, Lancer. In my game (1 month until season's end), I'm cruising along toward promotion from D2 to D1 and had an amazing run into the semi-finals of the German Cup... my contract is up at the end of the season and just read in the news that my Board doesn't think they will give me another contract! I figured if I am promoted, I would meet their expectation of promotion, and they'd love me again (with another contract). I hope that's the case. I will find out when I get home tonight...

Well, that's just realism. You very rarely see chairmen come out and say, "Oh well, we didn't win the title, the champions league, the community shield or the league cup but we are definitely giving our manager a new contract."

Doesn't happen. They always play it by ear and give as little away as possible even to the manager.

However, it did amuse me in my Sparta Prague game when I finished 4th with a media prediction of 1st and won nothing all season. I thought I should of been sacked but the board gave me a new contract. I guess they just couldn't let me go.

I'm glad to hear that, Lancer. In my game (1 month until season's end), I'm cruising along toward promotion from D2 to D1 and had an amazing run into the semi-finals of the German Cup... my contract is up at the end of the season and just read in the news that my Board doesn't think they will give me another contract! I figured if I am promoted, I would meet their expectation of promotion, and they'd love me again (with another contract). I hope that's the case. I will find out when I get home tonight...

don't panic mate, i got this every single time in an old Liverpool game. I had gone over 4 seasons unbeaten in the EPL, in fact the only loses i had in that whole time were to Real Madrid, in Madrid, in the ECC semis (got over them back at New Anfield!)

My AssMan was always the most likely to replace me, which made me happy as he was just a coach i promoted and he loved me, he was also my AssMan with Italy. However, as soon as I asked to renew my contract they were more than happy to throw money at me!

What I put that down to is the board thinking that you are now too big a mananger to stay with them. I did have Inter and Barcelona offering me jobs at the time.

Archived