club reputation

am sure this has been discussed many times, but I couldn't really find the answer ;)

am with sturm graz, austrian league, in 2022. I won the league 13 years in a row, cup many times and now managed to win the champion's league this year. basically all my first team players have a continental reputation.

i know that the league reputation is the main limitation for my club reputation, but after all that success and with all those players the club rep is still national. is there a chance of it ever reaching continental, or is the league limiting this from happening?

am also aware that I probably need a bit more international success, but I have been playing CL quite well for many many years too, scoring about 20 points in the coefficients every year on average.

Just to follow up on this question. I am playing with Bury in English league. I won the promotion to league 1 in season 1 but i still can not get my average attendance up (which ranges in 3k-4k for a 12k all seater stadium).

Now in the league 1 for 3 seasons (though i have struggled, usually barely avoiding relegation). But considering that it has been a move up shouldnt i get more people to come and see the game than they were in league 2? yet my attendance is largely the same.

Additionally, is there any way to track club reputation and average attendance over mulitple seasons?

This needs to improve too, I dont think club reputation changes quickly enough either. As a QPR fan, Ive seen our reputation increase overnight and people Europe wide know who we are now simply because we have famous owners and are now signing players who would be out of our league FM wise.

Just to follow up on this question. I am playing with Bury in English league. I won the promotion to league 1 in season 1 but i still can not get my average attendance up (which ranges in 3k-4k for a 12k all seater stadium).

Now in the league 1 for 3 seasons (though i have struggled, usually barely avoiding relegation). But considering that it has been a move up shouldnt i get more people to come and see the game than they were in league 2? yet my attendance is largely the same.

Additionally, is there any way to track club reputation and average attendance over mulitple seasons?

In order to increase fans you would have to be doing well in the League One and possibly the cups that you are in. You don't just get more fans for getting promoted and sitting near the bottom of the league. If you were promoted, at the top and just miss out on promotion to the championship then your attendences would increase. If you did manage to get promoted again then they would jump up significantly as the 'virtual fans' would 'virtually think' that the club is going place with a good team and manager in place. lol.

I don't think their is a way to track it. Would be a nice stat to be added into the game tho.

What i do is write down my starting rep in notepad when i takeover a club. Then after one season i check it again and note it down. That way i get some general idea of the club moving forward.

But at the very least should the fans be not more excited that i am competing in league 1 versus league 2? i saw virtually no change in going from league 2 to league 1 (infact second season in league 1, attendance actually went down).

Additionally, almost capacity crowd (by far the largest of season) turned out to see us play FA cup 3rd rnd match (lost 1-0 to a premiership team) and the next game was NP trophy semi final which set a record for LOWEST attendance (won the game btw). How does the happen??!!

This needs to improve too, I dont think club reputation changes quickly enough either. As a QPR fan, Ive seen our reputation increase overnight and people Europe wide know who we are now simply because we have famous owners and are now signing players who would be out of our league FM wise.

The FM equivalent exists. If you get taken over by a rich 'consortium' your rep gets a huge boost.

I agree with the opening poster too although admittedly it's an uninformed opinion and I'm too lazy to look up the stats :p.

I went from mid table BSS to challenging for promotion with Fisher and my attendance increased. Yet my 'challenging in the BSS' attendance was higher than my 'mid table' BSP attendances when I got promoted. As I said I don't know the real life stats so am open to correction but I would have thought that moving up the pyramid generally results in increased attendance however marginal.

Archived