How to get hold of the good newgens.

Here is the way to get hold of the best newgens...

...you need good scouts, preferably with judging PA/CA of at least 18/18, judging PA is more important than judging CA to find good youngesters. The traditional method is to have each of your scouts to look in a particular area, I recommend looking at Spain, Portugal, England, Germany, Italy, France, Holland. You can add other good nations if you have more scouts, also have one scouting central europe. I set the age range between 15-23, you set it between 15-20 when you start a new game then up it later.

That above is a good way to find newgens, I keep restarting the assignment once a scout has finished. There is another way to find godd newgens and probably the best method of those who your scouts haven't spotted, here it goes...

...go to 'Player search' and set filter for age to 15-25, now depending on what season your on you may want to adjust this, i'm on my 10th season so I use 15-25. Ok now click the 'Inf' tab and click it again, you should see players with 'Yth' under the 'Inf' tab at the top, there are many different player status such as 'Loa', 'Ctr', 'Inj' etc. What you looking for is the 'Bid' status...now if you keep scrolling down you will eventually get to the players at the bottomof all the player statuses. This is what I do...keep checking it every 5-7 days to see what players are bidded on, when the transfer window is coming up (say 1-3 weeks before) clubs will make offers, look for players who are being bidded on importantly by WHO, if a player who is say 21 is bidded by Arsenal, Real Madrid, Milan, Barcelona you should know he is worth a look at or something is special about him. This is useful because with negen players you don't know their names so this is the best method to get the best players.

A note...I don't cheat and I don't use any scouting tools like mini scout etc, so I find this is the best method to get the best newgens and it works excellent.

Btw...if you do find a player and his stats are like god-like then its a possibility he is going to be world class, top teams bidding is another example where you scouts may fail to notice them players, that doesn't mean shouldn't check the player out yourself just to make sure, 9 times out of 10 its worth paying the price.

I can spend hours trawling through the player search list trying to find those hidden gems - all part of the fun isn't it :)

Another good option is to permantely have someone scouting the U18 leagues, it takes a season or two for the scouts to start finding recommendations (or so I found), but the best obviously get spotted :thup:

I can spend hours trawling through the player search list trying to find those hidden gems - all part of the fun isn't it :)

Another good option is to permantely have someone scouting the U18 leagues, it takes a season or two for the scouts to start finding recommendations (or so I found), but the best obviously get spotted :thup:

I think I tried something like that before but my scout kept also giving me recommendations for players like 30 years of age.

In the U18's league :confused:

Must have been some other league, what I love about finding new gens is when they are 16 and the scout says XXXX has the potential to be as good as Messi etc, I sign them straight away.

I think I tried something like that before but my scout kept also giving me recommendations for players like 30 years of age.

In Italy, perhaps? If you set up a filter for his assignment, you won't get the over-age players being recommended

i click on national teams and sift through their u19>u21 teams. i found a fair few in spain and italy. best time to do it is when you're either at the start of a transfer window, you've been allocated your yth intake (everyone else will also), or approaching the second transfer window (yth players have developed slightly).

i spend a good few hours at a time doing this. found three 4* rated san marinese players last season.

i click on national teams and sift through their u19>u21 teams. i found a fair few in spain and italy. best time to do it is when you're either at the start of a transfer window, you've been allocated your yth intake (everyone else will also), or approaching the second transfer window (yth players have developed slightly).

i spend a good few hours at a time doing this. found three 4* rated san marinese players last season.

I do this too. just set one of my scouts to report on every International U19/U21 player. Takes a while but find it gets good results.

"A note...I don't cheat and I don't use any scouting tools like mini scout etc, so I find this is the best method to get the best newgens and it works excellent."

It could of course be argued that this is cheating since it is unrealistic - how would a real manager know what kids Barcelona have made a crafty approach to? However, on the other hand this appears to be pretty much what the AI does: how often are you the only one to dig out a hidden gem only to see the day after you bid for him every top-notch club in Europe have suddenly discovered him!

It could of course be argued that this is cheating since it is unrealistic - how would a real manager know what kids Barcelona have made a crafty approach to? However, on the other hand this appears to be pretty much what the AI does: how often are you the only one to dig out a hidden gem only to see the day after you bid for him every top-notch club in Europe have suddenly discovered him!

Good call!

"A note...I don't cheat and I don't use any scouting tools like mini scout etc, so I find this is the best method to get the best newgens and it works excellent."

i agree. i got bored with my career game and decided to use third party programs to check certain things (not edit anything). i checked some of my under 18 singings and discovered that, like Arsene, i have a knack for spotting talent. i bought a AML from Palace for 70K, he just looked like he might become a superstar. according to the Genie, he had a PA of 170ish, which i was chuffed about. i've just started playing him in the 1st team this year, looks decent at the moment... there are existing yth players who i have who don't have decent PA rating but i still use them on the basis of yth team/reserves performances. thing is, there just aren't that many in the game, finding them the long way takes too much time sometimes.

but yeah, i wouldn't call using the scout program cheating, any gamesave editor obviously is.

i agree. i got bored with my career game and decided to use third party programs to check certain things (not edit anything). i checked some of my under 18 singings and discovered that, like Arsene, i have a knack for spotting talent. i bought a AML from Palace for 70K, he just looked like he might become a superstar. according to the Genie, he had a PA of 170ish, which i was chuffed about. i've just started playing him in the 1st team this year, looks decent at the moment... there are existing yth players who i have who don't have decent PA rating but i still use them on the basis of yth team/reserves performances. thing is, there just aren't that many in the game, finding them the long way takes too much time sometimes.

but yeah, i wouldn't call using the scout program cheating, any gamesave editor obviously is.

I would say the scouting program is cheating, IF you use it just to find all the players with PA's of 180+ then go sign them all. But people need to remember its YOUR game do what you want.

I have done what you did Klimo, I used the geniescout late in the game and found I had a striker with PA199, amazed I was! Only 1 out of 2 players with PA or 199.

I had an older save that I made more lively by using the FMM to make some regens alot better (not on my team) and used the geniescout alot, but nothing beats playing without those tools and finding a young player that turns out to be a superstar.

Yeah, I just looked at FM Scout out of interest (I'm going to track my young players' CA development annually I think) and found out that one of my young keepers has PA 199, a centre back PA 194 and a striker PA 194! However, I was hoping this wouldn't affect my game but now it obviously will, because I know those players are 'going to' be good and I'm not selling them now. It's a bit annoying really. A good feature of Genie Scout would be if you could save a 'squad snapshot' at a given date each year just into a file without having to actually look at it, so you'd have a record of their development to look back on, but without seeing their PAs and thus ruining the game.

. A good feature of Genie Scout would be if you could save a 'squad snapshot' at a given date each year just into a file without having to actually look at it, so you'd have a record of their development to look back on, but without seeing their PAs and thus ruining the game.

You can choose which columns GS displays, so turn off the CA and PA etc. columns. Go to the file menu and click options.

to ge4t the u-18's for rnglish teams I filter all the players under 17 and get my scouts to get a player information (first in the list, above 1 game scout) and then this gives me all the star ratings for every player I can sign as a u-18 player

to ge4t the u-18's for rnglish teams I filter all the players under 17 and get my scouts to get a player information (first in the list, above 1 game scout) and then this gives me all the star ratings for every player I can sign as a u-18 player

lol thats a good idea... but thats alot of players :p

I tried it yesterday and found a great goalie (has potential to better than my best goalie) and a nice midfielder (isn't far bla bla my star midfielder that I somehow bought from Inter)

i do a few of the above things to find players, and have found some tips, but i only downloaded genie scout a few weeks ago, and i found that i'd already signed / discovered about 70% of the newgens with PA:180-200. it was quite fulfilling to know that i did it myself without cheating.

another tip is to look through the youth teams of clubs like barcelona, man utd, arsenal and even west ham, and look at all their "hot prospects". it's not as good as the above methods, but i've found a few good men :)

Do you have to do this for every player individually, or maybe I am missing something?

Archived