Fm iss 2000 pitch

How would a 3D match engine stop people complaining about the AI cheating? :confused:

Well they could actually see a goalkeeping mistake for example instead of the ball going through a dot or they could actually see how their defence were making soo many mistakes.

They may still think the AI is cheating but they wont really have proof because a 3D engine will show how and what happend

Well they could actually see a goalkeeping mistake for example instead of the ball going through a dot or they could actually see how their defence were making soo many mistakes.

They may still think the AI is cheating but they wont really have proof because a 3D engine will show how and what happend

Okay good point but there will still be a lot of people complaining as most people on these forums have a problem with crazy comebacks by their opposition in matches :p

That is if this problem isn't "fixed" for FM09.

But they could still say there are too many last minute goals against them, no highlights are shown when the user is behind (the game just peters out) and the AI have several chances. The people that think this would come up with several things.

Anyway, they don't have proof now do they. I don't want to turn this into a debate about whether the game cheats or not but I don't see any proof.

Okay good point but there will still be a lot of people complaining as most people on these forums have a problem with crazy comebacks by their opposition in matches :p

That is if this problem isn't "fixed" for FM09.

Yh but i think the unrealistic comebacks have anything to do with whether it is a 3D or 2D pitch i personally think its a tactical problem.

But it happens far too often IMO.

Yh but i think the unrealistic comebacks have anything to do with whether it is a 3D or 2D pitch i personally think its a tactical problem.

But it happens far too often IMO.

I never said that unrealistic comebacks have something to do with weather it's a 2D or 3D pitch. I was trying to say that most of the complaints about the "cheating AI" were about issues completely unrelated to weather it's a 2D or 3D match engine used in the game :)

I never said that unrealistic comebacks have something to do with weather it's a 2D or 3D pitch. I was trying to say that most of the complaints about the "cheating AI" were about issues completely unrelated to weather it's a 2D or 3D match engine used in the game :)

Oh sorry misunderstood what you wrote

Oh sorry misunderstood what you wrote

My main arguement to the 2d/3d pitch debate would be that the 3d pitch would take away the imagination factor behind the game! With the 2d pitch, you see see tactics played out in shapes and movement- how a real manager would look at a football game. The skills, tricks and wondergoals are down to individuals and by only describing them through text flashes builds up an image in your mind, and you can imagine the 30 yard, top right hand corner volley as you want too!

My main arguement to the 2d/3d pitch debate would be that the 3d pitch would take away the imagination factor behind the game! With the 2d pitch, you see see tactics played out in shapes and movement- how a real manager would look at a football game. The skills, tricks and wondergoals are down to individuals and by only describing them through text flashes builds up an image in your mind, and you can imagine the 30 yard, top right hand corner volley as you want too!

People have different views. Id rather see then imagine.

people on here make me laugh saying they dont want 3d because it takes the imagination away,i love fm but i also play other games. imagine what games would be like if they didnt go 3d may aswell throw my pc and 360 in the bin and dust the old atari down.if i could get fm with the transfers fixed and a few other things fixed with a 3d match engine i would be thrilled.

wouldnt mind a really zoomed out view of the pitch, so you could see all of it, but still see the players running around, it could then zoom in for replys to the specific shot/foul. as long as it isnt dodgy though, probaly wait a few years, pc will make a massive jump, tbh people with crappy macchines are holding games back.

Part of the reason for dots must be that you can see the full pitch from a vertical position, their isn't any point in having better graphics as you still need to see the whole pitch.

Thats why there is a 2D radar underneath.

Thats where your beloved dots will be.

i'm satisfied with the little dots

3D would have to be scripted,would be a pain after some time

Another thing is,you dont need a high end graphic card for FM

But the graphics on a 3D pitch might not need a graphics card either they dont have to do anything over the top like fifa08 or PES08 something simple like in the links i posted.

But the graphics on a 3D pitch might not need a graphics card either they dont have to do anything over the top like fifa08 or PES08 something simple like in the links i posted.

do you think that would make the gum more fun,i dont think so

besides,than it would need scripting

Was this suggestion a joke? - The video looks crap.. It would totally the point of the 2d-screen, which is to give a TACTICAL overview and not just show nice graphics

Absolutely agree. I'd rather have the dots and my imagination than something that looks as ghastly as that.

Also, hilarious that someone posted a youtube of themselves playing a videogame but are apparently so crap at it that they had to play as Brazil against Canada :( to look good.

Whatever happens there has to be a 2d engine, on behalf of all those students running fm on a cruddy old laptop. Yes, a 3d engine may be prettier, but there are far more fundamental things (transfers, media etc) that need tweaking first, and making fm too graphics/processor intensive will remove some of the playability

Archived